Radical Moves

Riding the waves
outdoordan

Radical Moves

Post by outdoordan » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:49 am

Hi all.

Does anyone out there know what became of Al Gibson?

After he sold Radical Moves he worked outdoor education and moved up to Scotland.

More specifically, does anyone have any idea what became of the Radical Moves surf boat moulds when he sold up? The Genie, Gigolo and Giro.

I owned two Giros and have been looking for another (and the original one I owned) for years on and off. I have never seen one come up for sale. Unfortunately all my photos of it have been lost.

Does anyone have any photos of the Giro. It was the smallest of his surf boats. About 2.6m long.

It was just about the best all round boat I ever paddled. Surfed it, ran rivers in it. Blindingly fast and really tough.

My first (and better performing Giro) had a red, white and black gel coat... a sort of muddled painted on finish.

Anyway. Just thought I'd ask. Would be interested to hear anyones recollections.

Cheers

Dan

goatboy

Re: Radical Moves

Post by goatboy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:13 pm

PM sent!

maurice

Post by maurice » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi Dan
I have just been given a radical moves genie, its very lightweight I'm guessing carbon fibre construction and looks very much like a slalom kayak. I don't know anything about this brand so any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Maurice

goatboy

Post by goatboy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:15 am

outdoordan wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:49 am

I owned two Giros and have been looking for another (and the original one I owned) for years on and off. I have never seen one come up for sale. Unfortunately all my photos of it have been lost.
One currently for sale here: www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2312742505462345