Dee coaching festival

Downtime deviants
Jones Chris

Dee coaching festival

Post by Jones Chris » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:21 am

Does anyone think that it may be worth approaching Chris Leesmith and the other organisers of this and have a squirt boating stand? Perhaps not coached sessions as such but maybe a come try it or just a mystery master session at Telfords Trove. I cant imagine for an instant that we would be in the way there as I dont think any other categories of paddler will want to use the site.

I figure there will be loads of people over there and we might actually get a few more interested in squirting. Anyone available and fancy a trip over?

Chris

Pete C.

Re: Dee coaching festival

Post by Pete C. » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:34 am

Hi Chris - I'll probably come along for a paddle if levels are good. Chris was after someone to coach squirt sessions last year if there are any volunteers, but you'd need to be a qualified coach...

Jones Chris

Post by Jones Chris » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:59 pm

Lol does an old Instructor certificate count? Actually I notice Bren Orton is "coaching" a freestyle session, is he old enough or will they have a certificated coach on the water with him? Maybe we could go that way?

I'll let you know if I head over, I'm hoping to have my van by then so it may be its first trip out.

Chris

Tom McLay

Post by Tom McLay » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:00 pm

If the weather/levels are anything like last year, we should be able to muster a good crowd for a sunny sink session. Fingers crossed!