Float cut

Downtime deviants
andyfx

Float cut

Post by andyfx » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Hi, thinking about getting a new boat apart from travelling to the states buying the boat having it float cut there, even if you use the time out there as holiday it still makes for a very expensive boat. My other plan if possible was to buy the boat in two parts and have it float cut in this country, the only problem is with Dave no longer in business? Is there anyone else out there who can do a float cut and seams, although I have ree cut and seemed my boats before, on a new boat this would have to be professionally done, and to the same standard as it would have been done in the states, I haven't asked ps or murky waters if they will supply a boat not finished,
Andy

David Hepworth

Re: Float cut

Post by David Hepworth » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:43 pm

You could have a word with Chris, he suggested to me sending measurments to the US and they will cut it to size there, its an option

andyfx

Post by andyfx » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:06 am

From the experience I've gained from cutting my own boat several times, a difference of 5 mm bigger or smaller makes a big difference to the comfort of the boat, also getting the seating position correct with your feet in the foot bumps is an important part of the cut, this is something that I have not achieved correctly as yet, I am looking for a minimum volume boat purely for downtime,
Andy

Jones Chris

Post by Jones Chris » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Andy if I remember rightly Paul cut 2mm out of my final cut for me.

He keeps a book of every cut on every boat he has ever done so its probably worth a shot to see if he has anyone exactly your measurements.

snik

Post by snik » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Hello,

Is anybody still float chopping Snakey Venoms in the Nottingham area? I'm looking at chopping mine/ getting it chopped. I've not been able to paddle for a while, but now it's time I got back underwater!

Thanks,

Snik

ps: sorry for re-awakening a dormant thread!