Yorkshire Dales - Appletini

Downtime deviants
Pyro

Yorkshire Dales - Appletini

Post by Pyro » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:55 pm

There's a spot on SquirtSpots marked just outside of Appletreewick. Anyone been who can tell me where to park to have a look/play?
-------
Pyro's Yard - Random Wafflings

mole

Re: Yorkshire Dales - Appletini

Post by mole » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Its tricky, the spot is at the base of the first part of Appletreewick falls, river right. Its a low power, low water, bit of fun rather than anything else but still ok for learning the basics of Mystery moves. Claire O managed to get head under in a hellbender so does work.

The best parking is very tight in a small layby next to the footpath entry to the fields adjacent to the falls. This is on the road between Barden Bridge and Appletreewick, the B&B owner is very sensitive to parking here as the road is tight so consideration needed. If parking not available consider droppping boats off and driving up to layby 1/4 mile further towards appletreewick village.

If anyone's going for a Yorkshire squirt sesh I'm interested in hooking up, my boat hasn't seen water for a year so I'm eager to meet some other zombies for a play.

Neill
Sometimes it's just too much effor......aughhh

Darekish

Post by Darekish » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:02 pm

I paddled at appletreewick a lot as a student, there used to be a field on the same side of the road as the falls just above where you could park and pay a small fee in a honestly box. What was nice was you could launch inot the river from almost where you parked. I havnt been there for years so im not usre if its still available.

Pyro

Post by Pyro » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:19 pm

Cheers gents. I've a few repairs to finish off on my Shred first, but I'd be up for a bimble if we can sort a day or evening out.
-------
Pyro's Yard - Random Wafflings

Jonny Briggs

Post by Jonny Briggs » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Just scouted a potential spot lower down on the Wharfe, between Bolton Abbey and Addingham.

It was running today at really really low water, buuutttt, its a prime trout fishing spot.

The water funnels into a channel about a meter wide, speeds up for a good 10m, then opens up with eddies both sides

I had a swim in the pool and its around 1.5m deep

Jonny