RIP Chassezac seam!

Downtime deviants
Jones Chris

RIP Chassezac seam!

Post by Jones Chris » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:48 am

A small word of advice for those thinking of heading to the Chassezac for some sinky goodness. don't!

It's gone, deceased, dead, pegged it, popped its clogs and any other euthamism for not being there. It appears that in the last few years high flows have deposited a large amount of sand and rubble onto the river bed meaning there is now no depth change right where its needed. If people remember my cartwheel entries then you will be shocked to find that a cartwheel on the entry line will result in touching the bottom. the top pool at HPP is better! :-(

James and I did head downstream to the next bridge where there was a mildly entertaining rapid that had several spots that showed a little potential but I suspect that the main squeeze would only work in winter high water levels. i managed 3/4 seconds max.

I need to find somewhere else thats driveable distance and works in the summer......?

Chris

Pete C.

Re: RIP Chassezac seam!

Post by Pete C. » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:54 pm

What a pain - I never got to paddle there. I suppose that's one of the problems with gravel spots. No suggestions, I'm afraid...

Poke

Post by Poke » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:57 am

Jones Chris wrote:01 Apr 2013 07:48
Or is it? ;-)
Uniyaker - Uni expeditions
Team Pyranha - My adventures

Jones Chris

Post by Jones Chris » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Poke wrote:
Jones Chris wrote:01 Apr 2013 07:48