White Water Massif Central by Peter Knowles

Commercial gear, films, books, etc.
Alex_92

White Water Massif Central by Peter Knowles

Post by Alex_92 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:12 pm

Does anyone have a copy of white water Massif Central by Peter Knowles?

I know the first edition is no longer in print and it seems impossible to get a copy for a sensible amount of money. I am aware there is a second edition coming out but it appears no really knows when this is?

I ideally need it for a trip in a few weeks, if anyone has one then don't mind me borrowing or me buying off them it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Alex

jmmoxon

Re: White Water Massif Central by Peter Knowles

Post by jmmoxon » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:05 pm

Pete's last post on song of the paddle suggested early July for publication of the new edition...

Mike
http://kayakworldguide.forums-free.com Links to websites with info on white water, touring, sea & surf.

MarkL

Post by MarkL » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi

The new guide goes to print this month so will be out shortly after that. I’ve been ‘helping out a bit’ with fact checking and other general stuff, hence have a fair idea when it will be about.

Hope that helps

username Chris S

Post by username Chris S » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:08 am

Shame, off there tomorrow with the packraft and tattered old copy but I imagine the rapids haven't moved much.
Look forward to the new edition.

Slime

Post by Slime » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:34 am

Thanks for the interest folks. We are doing the final checks and all being well the book goes to the printer this week - hooray! - so hopefully it should be out by the end of the month. Once it's at the printer, I will post the details here and on the Rivers Publishing website. We will also offer a pre-publication deal for those wanting to get a copy sent to them immediately on publication.

So more info as soon as its at the printers and we are more certain on dates - thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Happy paddling,

Peter Knowles, Rivers Publishing.

Slime

Post by Slime » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Rivers Publishing are delighted to confirm that the new edition of White Water Massif Central is now at the printers and we expect it to be available in the second week of August. Thank you everyone for your patience and a big thank you to the many people who have helped and contributed.

Please see our website for full details of the new edition.

Special Pre-publication Offer
For the launch of ‘Best Canoe Trips in the South of France’ we are offering a pre-publication deal where we will send you a copy by first class post as soon as we get the books back from printers – around the 4th August. The cost for a copy is £20 inc. p.& p. for the UK. This offer closes on 30th July (please note that we do not normally sell direct).
If you would like a copy on publication, please email us – riverspublishing@gmail.com with your name and address. Also let us know if you would like the book signed by the author and if so any message. Then transfer £20 to our bank account – Rivers Publishing, 20-66-97, account no. 60446912 with your name as reference (or send us a cheque if you prefer). We will then email you a confirmation.

Note that contributors should receive a complimentary copy in due course – if you don’t receive one then please email us a reminder with your name and address.

Thanks everyone for your patience and enthusiastic support,

Happy paddling,

Peter Knowles, Rivers Publishing.

Slime

Post by Slime » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:59 am

Special Pre-publication Offer
I am sorry but there is a typo in the bank sort code that should be as below.

For the launch of ‘Best Canoe Trips in the South of France’ we are offering a pre-publication deal where we will send you a copy by first class post as soon as we get the books back from printers – around the 4th August. The cost for a copy is £20 inc. p.& p. for the UK. This offer closes on 30th July (please note that we do not normally sell direct).
If you would like a copy on publication, please email us – riverspublishing@gmail.com with your name and address. Also let us know if you would like the book signed by the author and if so any message.
Then transfer £20 to our bank account – Rivers Publishing, 20-66-97, account no. 60446912 with your name as reference (or send us a cheque if you prefer). We will then email you a confirmation.

Happy paddling. Pete Knowles.