Go pro session

Commercial gear, films, books, etc.
Kayak_ben

Go pro session

Post by Kayak_ben » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi guys no been posting for a while due to one reason or another however I am soon to be starting back up again and I’m looking at getting a go pro to film my paddles and perhaps use as a training aid,

Do many of you use such a camera or could you recommend a similar product?

Regards

Ben

Demondave

Re: Go pro session

Post by Demondave » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:38 pm

Hiya. I’ve been using a go pro session for quite a while now. Usually on a motorbike but also used it for canyoning too. Really clear image.
The standard sticky mounts are good enough or use a helmet mount. I’d recommend using a tether too, so on the rare occasion it takes a hard knock you won’t lose it.

Kayak_ben

Post by Kayak_ben » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:14 am

Have you tried any other of the go pro range and if so how does it compare to the session for value for money the session looks to be ideal

Demondave

Post by Demondave » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:36 am

Only used the session. For the price you pay I’d stick with a session. Nice and light. Is it only kayaking you plan on using it for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kayak_ben

Post by Kayak_ben » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:35 am

Basically yes at this stage anyway that’s my main reason anyway where having a screen isn’t if major importance

garya

Post by garya » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:52 pm

The session can hook up to a smartphone or IPad screen via wifi to see real time or for instant playback of what is happening.

Ideal for coaching on a fixed site or you can water proof your smartphone. I also drop the SD card straight into my laptop which is good as it means you can access and copy footage straight away.

A great little camera for the price

Gary A

bestazy

Post by bestazy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:59 pm

As much as I love my DSLR, I’ve been finding myself using my GoPro Hero 4 Black more and more frequently for my travel photos. I find that for spontaneous travel photography, particularly when you are solo or when you don’t want to hold up the group, the GoPro has several advantages:
It’s teeny and light
It’s quick and easy to use and can be mounted to just about anything
It’s waterproof and can withstand any type of conditions