Searching for a William Nealy cartoon

Commercial gear, films, books, etc.
outdoordan

Searching for a William Nealy cartoon

Post by outdoordan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:17 am

Hi everyone, hope someone can help.

I'm looking for a Nealy cartoon.

It's one in which a Nealys alter ego... a dodgy looking bearded hippy with a bandana and mirror shades stands behind a street corner, and whispers to a passing youth,

"Psst Kid, you wanna buy a Kayak?"

Does anyone know which book this is in?

I've got copies of the original "Kayak" (before it was updated), "Kayaks to Hell", and "Whitewater Tales of Terror" ... It's not in any of them. One of them... WWToT I think has loose pages so it might have come adrift and fallen out.

I'd be really grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Dan

Jerry Tracey

Re: Searching for a William Nealy cartoon

Post by Jerry Tracey » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:00 pm

I can vaguely remember seeing this sometime.
Nealy also did at least one cartoon book on mountain biking and it could have been here - the idea being that his alter ego was getting rid of his boat to take up biking instead!

Shufflerschair

Post by Shufflerschair » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:41 pm

Not sure if this is the one you're looking for, but "Kayaks To Hell" on page 10, has a small cartoon with a guy in shades saying
"Pssst! - Hey Kid, wanna buy a cliff map?"
I've looked through all my Nealy books, inc both "Kayak" editions, and there's nothing in them other than this.
Also looked in Foxy's "The Blind Probe", an there's nthing similar in that either.

Andy

outdoordan

Post by outdoordan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:52 am

Thanks both. I've got all his mountain bike books so will check again but i dont think its in them. And andy, yes I know the one you mean from Kataks to Hell... its in the cliff jumping parable. The one im looking for is similar but larger. Thx for checking second edition of Kayak tho... thought it might be in there. What about the white water home companions? I've got a funny feeling it might be in one of them.

Return to “Products and Media”