7Figure Imersion Research men

Commercial gear, films, books, etc.
moizec

7Figure Imersion Research men

Post by moizec »

Hi!
Anyone using the 7figure IR with the single neoprene waist band?
Is the hoop and loop system?
The spraydeck is going over that neoprene?
Or is a double layer and it's going underneath the neoprene band?
The inner layer next to the skin is neoprene as well?
Is not easy to damaged that place rubbing the two neoprene together?

Is there velcro in the ankle?

Anyone order with latex socks?

I tried to watch a video, but there is older model where there is no that system in the waist, no from the new model.

Thanks for any feedback

Mark Mulrain

Re: 7Figure Imersion Research men

Post by Mark Mulrain »

Hey Moizec. I have a feeling the IR guys told me they spoke with someone asking the same question as this but just in case that wasn't you...

The idea of the current 7Fig suit is that it has no velcro, no pockets, no gimmicks. Everything you need, nothing that would wear out (like hook and loop velcro). Keep everything very low profile.
The cut is what I'd call athletic. Think slim fit dress shirt fit rather than regular shirt fit.

Next to your body, there is a layer of waterproof fabric. Just like any other drysuit. No inner neoprene.
That neoprene band you see is the outer waist system. The spraydeck waist tube will go inside this outer waist. This stops water rushing down the spraydeck tube and into your kayak.
The neoprene is stretchy enough that no velcro is needed and the system is kept very simple. It can be more difficult to get on and off but it's really nice when it's on. Minimalist heaven.

I can confirm no damage to the waist neoprene or the spraydeck neoprene. This system was tested for a long time before it was put into production. Top quality neoprene and construction.

There's no velcro at the ankle but the cut is nice enough that you don't need it. It's like a normal trouser leg rather than old school big baggy ski sallopettes.

I like latex socks. They are superior in many ways to fabric socks. If I built a suit from the ground up, I would probably go for latex feet.
For a suit that is already built, I would probably just roll with the fabric socks until they wore out. When the socks do wear out, I would make the switch to latex socks.

Chris Bolton

Re: 7Figure Imersion Research men

Post by Chris Bolton »

I like latex socks. They are superior in many ways to fabric socks. If I built a suit from the ground up, I would probably go for latex feet.
For a suit that is already built, I would probably just roll with the fabric socks until they wore out. When the socks do wear out, I would make the switch to latex socks.
I have no experience of IR suits, but have had suits with ankle seals (BAD idea!) latex socks and fabric socks, and agree with all the above. I have had leaking fabric socks replaced with latex.

With either kind of socks, I wear thin nylon socks over the top, both to protect them from any grit in my boots and, in the case of latex, to enable me to slide the boots on or off.

Return to “Products and Media”