Typhoon drysuits : technical data

Commercial gear, films, books, etc.
OMarti

Typhoon drysuits : technical data

Post by OMarti » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:01 pm

High everybody,

I'm looking for some technical data about the Typhoon drysuits, made in TX4 fabric. What are the figures for respirability (in g/cm2/24h) and impermeability (in mm) ? I cannot find the information anywhere, and Typhoon does not seem wanting to answer my question (asked on their website)

Any idea ?

Thank's in advance,

Olivier

jamiemagee

Re: Typhoon drysuits : technical data

Post by jamiemagee » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:29 pm

I don't think it matters. How breathable is your BA, spray deck or any material when it's wet?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Chris Bolton

Post by Chris Bolton » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:45 pm

If Typhoon don't say, they probably don't know. In my experience they've always been pretty good at customer interaction. I haven't seen any test results, so all I can say is that for respirability, if I rinse my Typhoon suit and drain the free water off it, both inside out and right side out, I can hang it up and by the time the cuffs and hood are dry, the inside will also be dry. For impermeability, if I go in the water I don't get wet.

Mrstratos61

Post by Mrstratos61 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:48 pm

I got a typhoon drysuit and rate it very highly. Breathability far superior to my Palm cag ( boil in the bag and damp from sweat ) I looked at a lot of reviews and all rated highly.add on the fact that the RNLI use them.