Set-up advice

Bards

Set-up advice

Post by Bards » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:32 pm

Okay, well having had some (mild) success at drifting through races with lures for pollack, it's high time I upped my game, particularly as this is generally solo. Swirling around in a nest of sharp hooks and tangle hazards has to stop. I've tried to find a resource online for setting up a SINK for efficient (and safe!) angling and drawn a blank (the "B" word!!). Is there a site out there giving a fair idea of how to organise deck/cockpit scceptably for a committed sea paddler and only half-arsed fisher?! No interest in drilling holes in it for rod holders etc or fitting some contraption with fishfinders, anchors and such Mullarkey, but there must be a better way than a handline or rod entwined in a Cat's Cradle of decklines, shockcord and krabs?!
Any pointers gratefully received - any useful blogs or whatever? I could always reluctantly get Santa on the case if there's an appropriate printed resource.

Cheers,

Bards

nicholas

Re: Set-up advice

Post by nicholas » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:34 pm

I use a four foot rod which tucks under two tight deck bungies when not in use (handle only) and when I am trolling I tuck the handle down my pfd with the rod pointing over my right shoulder easy!