Lures for Bass on Thames

zec01

Lures for Bass on Thames

Post by zec01 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Last year I built some outriggers for my Romany because my disability causes so many problems with stability.

So now I'm as steady as a rock, I thought I would try and catch some bass, I used to fish from the sea wall on the crouch but wheelchair access is non existent and so this is a perfect opportunity.

I have a selection of lures and need some advice on what to use and where I should fish, I kayak off of Southend on sea and its sand banks and mud flats.
If it hurts, you are still alive!

Swantee

Re: Lures for Bass on Thames

Post by Swantee » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi, Should have no problem contacting Bass in the Estuary Mackerel too when they come in in a month or so. Most Lures are pretty good, Sandeels in particular & theres a couple of good tackle shops on the front.

For more info try this link which is well supported and dedicated to the combination of Fishing & Yaking

http://anglersafloat.proboards.com/index.cgi

Good luck

derek wade

Re: Lures for Bass on Thames

Post by derek wade » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Sandbanks and mud-flats,perfect ground for "flatties".Make a few rigs up using dab.hoks x 2.and use a 2oz.flat weight.Line should be 12-15lbs.,just in case you do hook into a good size bass.Make the hook lengths about 9.inches,and thread on some small sequins and coloured beads.Flat fish will go for bright colours slowly trawled across the sea bed.A two peice barbel or carp rod will give you great sport,and its great fun.!!Ragworm or lug are good baits,plus cut a thin strip of squid as an extra for the hook............I will bring the chips.