Venture Islay 14 SOT vs Triumph 13

foxtrot

Venture Islay 14 SOT vs Triumph 13

Postby foxtrot » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:52 am

I am thinking about one of the above for short coastal trips and some fishing, the Islay with the built in skeg is my theoretical preferred option. Currently neither are available to demo but I will have a paddle in both before making a decision. Are there any owners out there who would like to comment on their experience with either of these two?

T4Mac

Re: Venture Islay 14 SOT vs Triumph 13

Postby T4Mac » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:57 am

You will get more feedback on the anglersafloat forum than on here reference those to yaks.

However...... I sea fished and paddled a Triumph 13 for 3 years. Very well constructed kayak which I could fly fish from (sitting). Not everyone got on with the tracking although I found it was ok unless I was going for it and it would spin out to no particular direction. A rudder might sort this out but of course more cost and something else for your fishing line and drogue to get cuaght on. I've never tried edging one as I never new how to at the time, and not sure that you could.

Here she is...
FACEBOOK - THANET SEA KAYAK GROUP)

T4Mac

Re: Venture Islay 14 SOT vs Triumph 13

Postby T4Mac » Wed May 10, 2017 11:28 am

Got your message. Couldn't see the post on anglers. Good luck with the test drive in the Islay. Wouldn't mind a go myself if you get one and are around Kent.
FACEBOOK - THANET SEA KAYAK GROUP)

Return to “Kayak Angling”