Werner Sherpa's

Gear gone astray ...
kkjfd

Werner Sherpa's

Post by kkjfd » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:59 pm

Lost on the Vrynwy on the gorge below Dolanog - set of Werner Sherpa's - contact Mike Dalby, +44 7927 478453

Mike Dalby

Re: Werner Sherpa's

Post by Mike Dalby » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Found by somebody who contacted me and said they's return them to me. They have not been returned and the person hasn't responded to my call or text. The phone number they contacted me on is: 07*** ******. Clearly not getting my paddle back but just wanted to name and shame as such!

jmmoxon

Post by jmmoxon » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:15 am

It's an act of kindness to return something that you've found, especially awkward items like paddles, they obviously tried by contacting you, you don't know what has happened since. If it was me I certainly wouldn't return it now...

Mike
http://kayakworldguide.forums-free.com Links to websites with info on white water, touring, sea & surf.

John K

Post by John K » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:40 am

Mike Dalby wrote:The phone number they contacted me on is: ...
Publicly posting someone's mobile number isn't cool. Even if you think they've done you wrong.

Maybe there are reasons why they haven't been able to help you get your lost property back yet. Stuff happens.

jmmoxon

Post by jmmoxon » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:43 am

Number removed
http://kayakworldguide.forums-free.com Links to websites with info on white water, touring, sea & surf.

Mike Dalby

Post by Mike Dalby » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:24 pm

I appreciate the sentiments here BUT.....the person contacted me 3 months ago then went quiet, I offered to pay him postage costs etc and make sure there was a few beers in it for him. Then I heard nothing for 2 weeks and when I contacted him again he said he was going to pass the paddle to a friend who lives near me. That was 2 and a half months ago now and heard nothing. Have tried ringing and texting on 4 separate occasions since then but no response. If I had found someone's paddles I'd have returned them as promised as being a paddler I understand how frustrating it can be to lose a set of paddles.