Spray Decks

Inland paddling
Rdscott

Spray Decks

Post by Rdscott »

So after 7 years of use my nookie v shock has finaly decided to die, it has had a hard life, been used in a sea kayak and 2 river boats,

realisticaly i need 2 but i'm very poor at the min.

My boat is a jefe with a key hole deck and my sea kayak is a Nigeldennis explorer which i belive is a 1.4(what ever that mean's.

any decks that are cheep and reliable around?

FJA

Re: Spray Decks

Post by FJA »

Lomo do the cheapest decks around, if you havnt heard of them already. Good quality too, just no frills. Or maybe you were looking for a second hand one only. Cheers

Rdscott

Post by Rdscott »

Looking for any i have use he lomo at an outdoor centre and the basic seemed to wear through very quickly but may be good for the sea kayak.

TheKrikkitWars

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Rasdex make a really cheap (£60ish inc shipping from NZ), really tough deck that would do just nicely on the jefe... I have no idea if it would fit your sea-kayak, but it probably wouldn't be the most leak proof even if it did, unfortunately.
ONE BLADE, ONE LOVE, [TOO] MANY PIES

Joshua Kelly

James Hartley

Post by James Hartley »

TheKrikkitWars wrote:Rasdex make a really cheap (£60ish inc shipping from NZ), really tough deck that would do just nicely on the jefe... I have no idea if it would fit your sea-kayak, but it probably wouldn't be the most leak proof even if it did, unfortunately.
Josh is right, in that they make amazing decks that last forever. However, last I heard, they where for sale as the owner is retiring, and not sure how they currently stand in terms of if they are trading, or winding down or what, I do know their website currently shows far less range than it used to do
The more apparently complex an act, the more vital it is to search until you find its inner simplicity
Feed the rat

DaveBland

Post by DaveBland »

I'm a Seals convert. Dry as.
dave

Ian Dallaway

Post by Ian Dallaway »

DaveBland wrote:I'm a Seals convert. Dry as.
me too!
I've had lots of different decks over the years, from Playboater, Nookie, fishdecks and Palm rand decks (among others). The Seals pro-rand deck is by far and above the best made and the dryest (and the most expensive) deck I've ever had.

I guess you get what you pay for...
Ian

sprintpaddler

Post by sprintpaddler »

Agree with the above about the quality of the Seals Pro-Rand, but it`s a bugger to get on!

Mark Mulrain

Post by Mark Mulrain »

I'd be surprised if a rand style deck worked with a composite cockpit rim. Most rand decks would destroy composite.
A bungee style deck with a dry lip would be good (if the dry lip fits under the sea kayaks cockpit rim).

If you are wanting top performance for both boats then it's pretty likely you'll need 2 different decks.

Rdscott

Post by Rdscott »

I'm happy to buy two deck hence looking for the best value. as I'm pretty skint

Ricks-Freestyle-Mind

Post by Ricks-Freestyle-Mind »

Immersion Research for sure. I wouldn't consider anything else now for a deck, as it performs, is durable and dry. Though if I was on more of a budget, or one deck for all, Playboater Workdeck.

Mike A

Post by Mike A »

Probably best to get 2 decks off ebay or such.

There is a reed deck that should fit your Explorer on at the moment for about £20. But check with the seller as I think the title states Keyhole B and the description Keyhole C

Mike

Gareth H

Post by Gareth H »

I have a Seals pro-rand kevlar 1.4 for sale. Its a limited edition red Squarerock one that has only been used half a dozen times. The deck has a very slight tear on the top about 4mm but it doesnt go all the way through. The tear has been repaired with aquasure so is all good to go. Apart from that its in nearly as new condition. I only want £45 inc del for it, if that helps.

Thanks

Gareth

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”