Kayak insurance

Inland paddling
sion

Kayak insurance

Post by sion »

Hi there

Ive been considering taking out insurance on my boats, I have been suggested by a few people to ring the bcu as they offer a very good rate. I have rang canoe wales they advised me I can get the insurance from the bcu (canoe england) apparently this is not possible,they have said to receive the insurance I will have to be based in england!

Does anyone have any cheap boat insurance companies which they can recommend?

StoneWeasel

Re: Kayak insurance

Post by StoneWeasel »

Until the current B.C.U. deal I always used to insure my boats with N.W. Brown.

damppaddler

Post by damppaddler »

this is who the bcu use

http://www.towergateinsurance.co.uk

you get still get very good rates without being a bcu member

MikeRoberts

Post by MikeRoberts »

sion wrote: I have rang canoe wales they advised me I can get the insurance from the bcu (canoe england) apparently this is not possible,they have said to receive the insurance I will have to be based in england!
As far as I know that's nonsense.. Welsh friends of mine have the BCU insurance..

Mark Dixon

Post by Mark Dixon »

I set up a claim with the BCU insurance and they have asked for receipts of proof of purchase, depending what insurance level you have the excess and depreciation through use gets involved so make sure you have receipts for everything before considering the insurance. I was struggling with the receipts on my lads paddle he lost, fortunately we searched some Islands and found his paddle this weekend so no longer need to claim but may consider not renewing the insurance next year as life was not made easy, I forwarded photos which was not good enough for them.
I think they are similar to many insurance companies and will try their hardest to get out of paying for new gear.
Mark

snuggle_bunny

Post by snuggle_bunny »

I just typed 'kayak insurance' into google and found quite a few companies that insure kayaks so that might be worth a try. Good luck

snowgirl

Post by snowgirl »

I have the BCU Insurance and would have no qualms about renewing the policy next year. Lost my paddle about 6wks ago and in under 2wks the claim had been processed and dealt with very smoothly.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”