Full Foot Plate for Dagger Dynamo

Inland paddling
RSquared

Full Foot Plate for Dagger Dynamo

Post by RSquared »

Hi,
My sons' Dagger Dynamo only has foot pegs but he is starting to get into white water (age 9), does anyone have any advice/knowledge/experience of retrofitting one, particularly to a small boat like the Dynamo? When I bought the boat Dagger were asked if they could fit a full foot plat but they said they couldn't, I guess possibly because they didn't have anything "off the shelf" that would fit rather than it isn't possible.

Thanks in advance

R Squared

paddletastic2

Re: Full Foot Plate for Dagger Dynamo

Post by paddletastic2 »

You can buy a large block of suitable foam to craete one. Most kayak shops will have it.

RSquared

Post by RSquared »

Thanks, was hoping to fit something that was adjustable as he grows but guess I can keep shaving the block as he gets taller. Thanks.

Sickboy

Post by Sickboy »

I'm sure that you could use an old footbrace, remove the plastic block from it and with a bit of bending and a small block of hard foam make something adjustable and solid, but I'd be more inclined to go with the foam block, it'll work as buoyancy if the worst happens to.
Rum and coke, best served by the pint.

tobym

Post by tobym »

Or consider Jackson Happy Feet

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

Might it be possible to make a plate that sits on the pegs currently inside? Then when you want to move it take the plate off, move the pegs then reattach the plate?

RSquared

Post by RSquared »

Thanks guys for all the pointers. I will experiment and see how I get on. Unfortunately the Dynamo has a centre pillar of foam all the way to the bow so the best solution is probably filling either side of this with foam block and then "happy feet" on top.

RSquared

Post by RSquared »

OK having looked at the Happy Feet the Dynamo's centre foam pillar will prevent that idea. I will try the foam block 1st and go from there.

Thanks again.

cp

Post by cp »

Hi,

Not sure on the dynamo but I have had a Necky witch for my son since he was 5 and went down the foam block option shaving bits off as he grew. It seems to work well and was cheap. The centre pillar in the witch goes all the way to the end so I had to put foam either side. These popped out when he swam. I ended up putting a hole through each block and feeding paracord through the blocks and round the end of the centre pillar so they could not float away.
Hope this helps

Chris

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”