AT2 Flexi broken :(

Inland paddling
Sam E

AT2 Flexi broken :(

Post by Sam E »

Hi All,
I managed too break my AT paddle today which rather sucks. More so that I didn't hit a rock and it was just on my roll. It broke on the left hand crank (I roll on the right). I was just wondering if anyone knew whether this is a common fault/problem?

Sam
See you on the water

nickbennett

Re: AT2 Flexi broken :(

Post by nickbennett »

Well, they are flexi's....how old are they? If they are new then they should warranty them. If not then they will replace them with a new pair for $150 but you will probably have to send them to the US.

In my quite extensive experience of breaking a couple of AT paddles they are very helpful at replacing them and are nice guys.

Nick

Sam E

Post by Sam E »

Cheers for that.
They're only 2 years old and (were) in good condition. Also found water in the shaft- the opposite side to which I broke though. Did you send yours to the US then?

Great paddles, just hope I can get this sorted with limited expense.
Sam
See you on the water

nickbennett

Post by nickbennett »

I was living in the states, I doubt they will warranty them but you should try with palm first because they are the UK importer and if that fails then get in contact with AT direct and see if they will replace them for the 150 dollars. If not then drop me a PM and i'll see if I can help out.

Nick

JoshT

Post by JoshT »

I had a pair snap on the right hand crank last year after a month. I had purchased them through Brookbank who returned them as they were not happy with just pictures but wanted to see the paddle in the flesh where you could see a fault line. Rather than have them replaced which they were happy to do i opted for a full refund and bought some VE's.

waterbourne

Post by waterbourne »

Sam E wrote:Hi All,
I managed too break my AT paddle today which rather sucks. More so that I didn't hit a rock and it was just on my roll. It broke on the left hand crank (I roll on the right). I was just wondering if anyone knew whether this is a common fault/problem?

Sam
Rather than risk breaking my paddle rolling, I tend to swim. Its cheaper.

Thompo

Post by Thompo »

I bought a pair of broken Flexi's , they had snapped just above the left crank (towards middle).

Bit of carbon and epoxy and they are working again (1river run and 2 pool rolling sessions), The pair i got, had a couple of thin spots in the layup along the mold line, however around the snap it seemed pretty uniform.
No idea how they broke though as i bought them in 2 bits.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”