A decent spraydeck

Inland paddling
Ollie5

A decent spraydeck

Post by Ollie5 »

Looking for opinions on a top spraydeck, just took my 8 mnth old Pyranha Grumpy Deck back to shop hoping for a replacement under guarantee only for them to say its wear and tear not faulty. It cost nearly £70 and I'm disapointed again with a poor quality spraydeck, suggestions for a high quality long lasting spraydeck would be appreciated as I want the next one to last.

Thanks,

Mark

Natalie

Re: A decent spraydeck

Post by Natalie »

I've been very happy with my Playboater spraydeck and have never heard anyone complain about theirs. The only thing is it's quite tricky to get it on dry, but not too bad if wet- like most decks I suppose.

Ollie5

Post by Ollie5 »

Apparently Playboater decks are made by the same company as the Pyranha decks, I also have a playboater deck for my creeker, I am a little unsure about it popping in big water. It has been used a lot less so unsure about the long term qualities. Thanks for reply.

James Hartley

Post by James Hartley »

I would recommend having a look at Rasdex, I have always been impressed with them. Link here; Clickety
The more apparently complex an act, the more vital it is to search until you find its inner simplicity
Feed the rat

Ollie5

Post by Ollie5 »

James Hartley wrote:I would recommend having a look at Rasdex, I have always been impressed with them. Link here; Clickety
Looks good, which one would you recomend as theres a few types?

Mark T E

Post by Mark T E »

If you like Rasdex that much you can now buy the whole company: http://www.canoeslalom.co.uk/info/adverts.htm

Jon F

Post by Jon F »

Snap Dragon!

James Hartley

Post by James Hartley »

Ollie5 wrote: Looks good, which one would you recomend as theres a few types?
First one I had was the standard, ( But was bought several years ago, and that's current line up's closest comparison, the one I have incidentally still is dry, still works, just didn't fit the deck on when changed my bought, 7 years ago) My Current one is the implosion one, but not had it long to be able to review fully, but initial impressions, comfy, easy on, stays on, DRY
The more apparently complex an act, the more vital it is to search until you find its inner simplicity
Feed the rat

OliKershaw

Post by OliKershaw »

I love my IR Lucky Charm deck, pretty dear but well worth it. Absolutely bomber, apparently the Klingon is as good as well if you can't find the lucky charm

Ollie5

Post by Ollie5 »

Thanks for replys I will look into the options and speak to others on the river.

Mark Allen

Post by Mark Allen »

Mark - I use seals pro rand and just recantly the IR Lucky charm - both great decks..

Ollie5

Post by Ollie5 »

Mark Allen wrote:Mark - I use seals pro rand and just recantly the IR Lucky charm - both great decks..
If I see you tomorrow I'll take a look Mark, its for Sams Varun, he's totalled his in no time :(

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”