PGL coach apprenticeship scheme

Inland paddling
biketastik

PGL coach apprenticeship scheme

Post by biketastik »

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody on here has had any experience working for PGL? They've got a pretty good scheme for getting into working as a coach etc. and I'm thinking about trying to get on it. Just wondering what they're like to work for and if the scheme is any good from the perspective of someone whose either on it or done it?

Thanks

eeonz

Re: PGL coach apprenticeship scheme

Post by eeonz »

Is this the winter paddle school, or a different scheme?

Try the "PGL Paddlers" facebook group for more info.
http://www.iboutdoor.com- Your outdoor resource!

irish_dougal

Post by irish_dougal »

I did a number of seasons with PGL however I am going back 13 years so I would presume with all the changes the company have had that things will now be different however at the time seasonal staff were always promised the opportunity to get awards in various activities kayaking, sailing etc but in reality these rarely happened. I do know people who did winter training courses and got a good bit out of it but they were then contracted to work until essentially they'd paid for each qualification. I did have some amazing times and got a lot of time on the water in the uk and France (The Ardeche and Alps). My only advice would be that you do need to be the right sort of person to work with companies like PGL and Acorn but if your young and up for a laugh and making money isn't top of your list then give it a go.

biketastik

Post by biketastik »

Thanks for the info, seems to fit the bill!

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”