Inazone Out fitting

Inland paddling
lewis=)

Inazone Out fitting

Post by lewis=) »

hey I have acquired a inazone but the thigh grips have been replaced with some well iffy ones, I have an idea to build myself a ratchet backrest system but i need to find some thigh grips that will fit the boat first anyone know where I can get hold of some cheap thigh grips that might work, doesn't matter of they are the right ones as I am happy to modify them, the ones I have are beyond saving

cheers

lewis

lewis=)

Re: Inazone Out fitting

Post by lewis=) »

please help !!! Cheap options cant believe no one knows where some old piranha out fitting can be found

lewis=)

Post by lewis=) »

Really no-one can help ?

Performance Kayaks

Post by Performance Kayaks »

The Inazone never came with a ratchet backband. The C30 Thigh Grips might fit and cost £62, add to this the complete backrest with the straps which is also £62.

Is it worth £120 for a ratchet backband in an Inazone?

Ian Dallaway

Post by Ian Dallaway »

I have fitted ratchet backrests to a number of kayaks over the years, including an Inazone so it's certainly achievable.
I used the original thighgrips and modified them to mount a ratchet.......

I guess you could try and get some of the modern pyranha outfittings and see if they fit, or make your own locally. It really depends on your skill at making things.

I personally wouldn't spend over £120 on the new pyranha parts to fit into an Inazone. For that money you'd be better off looking in the 'for sale' section of this website, or that famous auction website. You'll get a newer and possibly better boat for your money!
Ian

Barny P

Post by Barny P »

Find someone who has written off a pyranha and see if they will sell you the outfitting
Barny P

Green.media

Post by Green.media »

I may have the some of the bits needed to mount thy grips in a M3 i will have a look in my bits of boat box, not sure how they would fit though due to the difference in shape. may be worth putting an add up in the for sales and wanted section, you may have more luck

dory

Post by dory »

I fitted ratchets to one a few years ago.
It was an odd sort that had the ratchets on the back of the back rest rather than the thigh braces. So it was just a case of replacing the back band which took all of about ten minutes. Not sure what boat the back rest came off though.

Mark Mulrain

Post by Mark Mulrain »

Perhaps it would be easier to add some foam under the original thigh braces to contour them more or less to your own needs. Get some roll mat, some solvent contact adhesive and some shaping tools and spend a bit of time getting it right for you.

IR does the reggie backbank which would probably be ideal for you. Pretty much every shop will stock them but if you can't find them, I can get them imported. A shop will be quicker though.
Here's a little video that explains how to install it - http://www.immersionresearch.com/2008/0 ... tion-tips/

There's been a few threads about people bolting ratchets to thigh braces that weren't designed for them, they ended up breaking under stress. So I'd avoid that.

kayak1

Re: Inazone Outfitting

Post by kayak1 »

Here is a pic of my Inazone outfitting....Ratchets and strap from Brookbank, seat pad from WWCC, backrest requested on this site and spare straps for holding it all together total cost £40 mostly new bits..but you can still use the original backrest for this set up ..save you a tenner and another tenner if you are not bothered with a seat pad. But I wanted a more supportive backrest and seat.

lewis=)

Post by lewis=) »

Hi

The boat was given to be to give me something smaller to paddle to develop my skills on long term loan with the option to buy pretty cheaply. So I am keen that it doesn't cost me allot of money to outfit it.

So the grips that are in there the know have been built buy the last owner, they are clearly not the originals and are not really suited to me shape and position wise and moving them more than an inch isn't possible.

I have posted in the wanted/private sales sections without much success, I found an old post taking about hooker thigh grips that seem like there the business but they appear to be like gold-dust.

large-ugly-greeny if you have some in your "bits box" I would be grateful.

as for the rest of the back rest I have come up with a few plans and the bits I need with the exception of the thigh grips are readily available pretty cheaply

otherwise if someone knows of anywhere I can find some feel free to let me know.

RichW

Post by RichW »

The Inazone never came with a ratchet backband.
That's not true, there's an original spec one in the container at work with a ratcheted backrest. One of my old colleagues also had an old 222 with factory fitted ratchet system (although unfortunately that was stolen). Admittedly, they don't come with ratchets now, but to say they never did is an erroneous generalisation.
Me on Flickr

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”