BCU Communications!

Inland paddling
jmmoxon

BCU Communications!

Post by jmmoxon »

They have set up a members' survey:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/828329/Me ... ons-Survey

Mike
http://kayakworldguide.forums-free.com Links to websites with info on white water, touring, sea & surf.

Adrian Cooper

Re: BCU Communications!

Post by Adrian Cooper »

Political correctness gone mad!
If you are undergoing the process of gender realignment please select the gender which applies to your future gender or how you would identify yourself
Fortunately no questions on religious affiliations or they would need a clarification for those undergoing conversions.

There was a question on age but no provision for anyone undergoing age realignment; I am trying to get back to 21 (it's not working well).

TheKrikkitWars

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Adrian Cooper wrote:Political correctness gone mad!
If you are undergoing the process of gender realignment please select the gender which applies to your future gender or how you would identify yourself
Surely that statment is redundant, as a transperson would just do that anyway.
ONE BLADE, ONE LOVE, [TOO] MANY PIES

Joshua Kelly

Chrace

Post by Chrace »

Makes you wonder - for them to actually put that in, is "gender realignment" happening on an above average rate in the canoeing world?

I would have thought the risk of accidental realignment to be far greater in e.g. a mountain biking environment. I feel quite safe under my spraydeck, so must come from swimming?

twopigs

Post by twopigs »

Adrian Cooper wrote:Political correctness gone mad!
Fortunately no questions on religious affiliations or they would need a clarification for those undergoing conversions.

There was a question on age but no provision for anyone undergoing age realignment; I am trying to get back to 21 (it's not working well).
Blame Sport England .... this time :-D
Canoeing - bigger boat, broken paddle, more skill!

Adrian Cooper

Post by Adrian Cooper »

I think you're right Paul, just found a 44 page document from UK Sport about all the possible options for being accused of discrimination. Maybe asking me to declare my gender and my age are potentially discriminatory; after all, why is it relevant to my comments on cummunications?

dave4423

Post by dave4423 »

Adrian Cooper wrote:Maybe asking me to declare my gender and my age are potentially discriminatory; after all, why is it relevant to my comments on communications?
Agreed - after all they don't ask about "ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation" - so if these are not relevant, how is gender and age?

Adrian Cooper

Post by Adrian Cooper »

Of course the whole thing already discriminates against people without computers, be they old enough not to have 'got into' them or poor enough not to be able to afford one. So maybe 'age' was a valid question to ensure they get a fair mix but then they should ask about household disposable income.

The whole thing is a minefield!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bet they're all vegetarians!

forestknights

Post by forestknights »

Adrian Cooper wrote:Of course the whole thing already discriminates against people without computers, be they old enough not to have 'got into' them or poor enough not to be able to afford one. So maybe 'age' was a valid question to ensure they get a fair mix but then they should ask about household disposable income.

The whole thing is a minefield!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bet they're all vegetarians!
Bloody veggies and their opinions. :)
Know the wisdom of patience during times of inactivity.

www.forestknights.co.uk

Mike A

Post by Mike A »

So much for communication, just noticed on the news section of CE website that they apparently closed the members forum on the 22nd of feb.

This could have been a great way of communicating with members, and a feature that they actually promoted recently on facebook.

FFS they really do not have a clue. Whoever does their PR needs sacking.

Thinking back though,didnt the SCA do something similar when they started receiving communications they didnt like as well.

quicky

Post by quicky »

People asking sensible questions before the olympics on there own members forum... What next...

quicky

Post by quicky »

Will be interesting to see what this new site has to say....

forestknights

Post by forestknights »

I'm not terribly media savvy. Is there no one on here that could influence lobby are national press to take up this story.

At the very least it should be trending on twitter and all over Facebook like a rash.

Yet it is the same passionate few who bear the torch for all.
Know the wisdom of patience during times of inactivity.

www.forestknights.co.uk

StoneWeasel

Post by StoneWeasel »

Member Communications Survey wrote:This survey is not accepting additional responses at this time. Thank You!
I guess people were not saying what they want them to.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”