Yet another what boat quetion

Inland paddling
irish_dougal

Yet another what boat quetion

Post by irish_dougal »

I known these topics are done a lot but if anyone could take the time to offer some advice then i'd really appreciate it. I'm looking for a playboat that people would considor fast on a wave allowing for all dynamic wave moves. I want it mainly for fun sessions in the surf when I fancy a change from my surf boat, i've been paddling mainly Riot boats for 10 years and i'm currently in an Astro but due to a large crack in the hull it needs replacing. Speed is my main concern when paddling 6ft ocean surf its vital for the more dynamic moves, although do plan on using it in rivers and playspots as well. If I could tap into the expansive knowledge of this boards users then that'd be great. Just as a final note I do plan on demoing as I know thats going to be peoples initial response but just like to hear peoples personal experiences, thanks Dougal

HarryWats0n

Re: Yet another what boat quetion

Post by HarryWats0n »

What about a river play boat? Pyranha Varun, Jackson Fun, Wavsesport fuse to name a few.

Ricks-Freestyle-Mind

Post by Ricks-Freestyle-Mind »

Maybe wait for a go in the Pyranha Loki? Varun is a good shout.

clarky999

Post by clarky999 »

Fluid Nemesis (or is it the Element? Can't remember...) or DR Squashtail would seem to be the obvious choices... If you can get one the Riot Flair is super fast on a wave too.

nick_roberts

Post by nick_roberts »

Wavesport ZG is fast on a wave and good alround

John Morgan

Post by John Morgan »

One of these may be worth considering - http://www.blissstick.co.uk/rad.htm
Good training makes the impossible possible.

irish_dougal

Post by irish_dougal »

I used to paddle a Flair and to be honest i've never been sure why I got rid of it. I've always liked the idea of a squastail as the reviews that i've read about them have always suggested that it could suit my needs unfortunatly i've never had the chance of trying one and due to the numerous differences of opinions shared by people wouldn't like to take the chance.

John Morgan

Post by John Morgan »

The experience of others can help though as you know exactly what you want in terms of performance it seems prudent to demo before parting with your hard earned dosh.
Good training makes the impossible possible.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”