The Epic Tri

Inland paddling
Pyro

The Epic Tri

Post by Pyro » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi folks. Apologies for the bucket-rattling, but I'm trying to help a couple of friends out with their fundraising, and thought some people on here might be willing to chuck in a few pence.

Most of us know about the Devizes to Westminster (DW) canoe race. 125 miles, 77 portages, aiming for under 24hrs, it's the hardest endurance canoe race in the UK. All fine. So what if I told you two guys had just done that race as the last leg of an utterly Epic Triathlon? For Cancer Research? Could you be persuaded to part with a little of your hard-earned for that?

Bruce Duncan and Ant Emmet have just finished the Epic Tri, which went like this:

1) The Bob Graham Round on foot - 65 miles, 42 Lakeland peaks, 23-and-three-quarter hours, to make them official BG Completers.

2) John o'Groats to Land's End on a tandem - 874 miles, continuous.

3) Devizes to Westminster by kayak - 125 miles, they did just shy of 28hrs to finish 74th, therefore in the top half of all the starting teams.

Basically, they've taken three of the biggest challenges you can plan in the British Isles, and they've done them all, back-to-back. They've already raised £20,000, but they're aiming for 25. It's all for Cancer Research, to whom they have their own personal links. Please, chuck some pennies their way - their donation page is HERE and there's an excellent video of the event put together by the guys from PlanetFear HERE

Many thanks, guys. Pyro
-------
Pyro's Yard - Random Wafflings

jmmoxon

Re: The Epic Tri

Post by jmmoxon » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:46 pm

http://kayakworldguide.forums-free.com Links to websites with info on white water, touring, sea & surf.

Pyro

Re: The Epic Tri

Post by Pyro » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Ah, fair enough. In my defence, I'd searched for the seperate terms rather than allasoneword :)

Anyone reading: read the other thread. Then donate...
-------
Pyro's Yard - Random Wafflings

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”