Paddling Options - 12th / 13th March

Inland paddling
Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:29 am
Location: Dubai, UAE

Paddling Options - 12th / 13th March

Post by Mantaray »

Hi peeps,

We're a group of mostly family men who struggle to get many weekends away paddling but this coming weekend we've managed to secure our passes - Good times. However, given the current weather forecast and river levels it doesn't look as if much will be running and I noticed that The Mighty T only ran on Saturday - Bad times.

The question is - does anyone have any suggestions for decent grade 3 / 4 within 5-6 hours drive of the London area that might be running this weekend? Or do we haul our sorry arses up to the Tryweryn in the vain hope that it will be running both days?

Any thoughts gratefully received.




Mountain biking / walking & hiking are not options we wish to proceed with.
AKA Cosmic

User avatar
Jim Pullen
Posts: 2237
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:21 am
Location: Darlington
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Paddling Options - 12th / 13th March

Post by Jim Pullen »

There's some rain predicted for Northern England/Scotland towards the end of the week, so if you can stay flexible keep an eye on that - the Lakes or Teesdale are doable in under 5 hours from London. Otherwise if you did head to North Wales and there's little water, the Dee would still run as an option on the Sunday?
Done any NE/NW rivers not on the site? PM me!

User avatar
Posts: 2085
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:58 pm
Location: Brizzle

Re: Paddling Options - 12th / 13th March

Post by justin-g »

Looks like rain for Devon on Friday and Sat so that's an option as well and closer to London.
White water "rider"

andy g
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:57 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Paddling Options - 12th / 13th March

Post by andy g »

That would be great Justin
A group of us from SE London are coming down to Simonsbath and we hoping to run the Barle/Exe etc . I thought we might well be surfing at Woolacombe if the dry weather continued.

Post Reply

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”