Pyranha H3

Inland paddling
Kayakpilot

Pyranha H3

Post by Kayakpilot »

Anyone got any thoughts on the H3 ?
I have the chance of one in mint nick.
I currently paddle grade 3 in an Inazone which i like. Just learned to roll.
Would the H3 suit my needs and allow me to progress ?

Cheers
Iain

DAB

Re: Pyranha H3

Post by DAB »

My first though is about myself 3 years ago. I paddled an inazone on grade 3-4 water and wanted a bigger boat to make my life a bit easier. I bought a medium burn. Now looking back I think that I got a big boat too early. If I had continued paddling the inazone I would be a better paddler today. A big boat has its place but beware of becoming over reliant on the volume of your boat to carry you through rapids. The inazone is a great boat and is more than capable of running grade 4 and many scottish grade 5's. It may not feel like it just now but I think you would progress far more in a smaller boat.

clarky999

Post by clarky999 »

Stick with the Inazone, you'll learn more quicker.

mcneilljamie

Post by mcneilljamie »

I learnt in a club inazone 242 then bought a H:3 245 and love it. They seem to be holding their value well to.

Kev W

Post by Kev W »

The H3 is an excellant river runing boat (in my opinion), I now paddle a burn but loved my H3 and would have no problems paddling one again. My sone and a couple of mates have all paddled H3s and they all like them.

Kayakpilot

Post by Kayakpilot »

Thanks guys and also to pickeringpaddler for his email.
Would i be right in thinking that the H3 is similar to the Karnali ?
I really like the K but the H3 will be a lot cheaper if i get it. (it is as new).

Iain

James Hartley

Post by James Hartley »

No the H3 is not like the Karnarli. Sorry. The Karnarli is a semi displaced hull, where as the H3 is planning. It is the Burn that is the closest to the H3, and is infact the development from the H3
The more apparently complex an act, the more vital it is to search until you find its inner simplicity
Feed the rat

tape34

Post by tape34 »

The H3 has a similar hull shape to the Inazone and so it will surf and carve nicely but it has more volume at the stern which makes it a better all round river boat (so the tail won't sink after every drop). There aren't that many good H3's about so I'd definately buy it.
Pete Ball

Ian Dallaway

Post by Ian Dallaway »

It's already been said, but the H3 is a really good river boat. It's fast and stable with no bad habits.

I think your best solution would be to buy the boat, and also keep the inazone too. You can use the H3 on rivers that may push you more and you've still got the inazone for when you want to play or maybe go surfing.
Ian

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”