Have 1500 quid to blow?

Post by Mark R »

Mark Rainsley
FACEBOOK

MarkB

Re: Have 1500 quid to blow?

Post by MarkB »

guidebook wrote:eBay

5th day and no takers yet. The seller mustn't realise that any real C4N0Cist would rather spend that £1500+ on nice shiny new kit.
Mark

Snooky...

Reg No

Post by Snooky... »

That'd be handy in North Wales, or you could save the money and make a sign that says please vandalise my car

Sad or what?

Post by Guest »

Ive seen someone with a K4 YAK novelty number plate- Its up there with having mum tattood on you forearm and watching TV popstar talent shows.
Once you actually change those letters to spell CANOE- the plate is illeagal anyway!

Re: Sad or what?

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Ive seen someone with a K4 YAK novelty number plate- Its up there with having mum tattood on you forearm and watching TV popstar talent shows.
Once you actually change those letters to spell CANOE- the plate is illeagal anyway!
I know the owner of K4YAK and he certainly doesn't have mum tattoed on his forearm and I'm fairly certain he doesn't watch tv popstar talent shows. He has been paddling for longer than most of us have been alive though, and is still extemely gnarly.

And at least you don't have to make K4YAK illegal for it to read like a word :) I wouldn't want it though.

Come to think of it I used to know a lad with K11YAK, he probably does have mum tattoed on his forearm and probably participates in said tv shows.... ;)

JIM

rob brown

I spy number plates

Post by rob brown »

I too have seen the number plate K4YAK. I seem to think it was at the get in for the tripple steps on the 'Guil?' in the alps a few years back. It was attched to the back of a van with perception plastered all over it. Has anyone else 'i spied' it?

Steve B

Re: I spy number plates

Post by Steve B »

rob brown wrote:I too have seen the number plate K4YAK. I seem to think it was at the get in for the tripple steps on the 'Guil?' in the alps a few years back. It was attched to the back of a van with perception plastered all over it. Has anyone else 'i spied' it?
We also bumped into the Perception boys at Trois Chutes, it would have been 2002 I think. It was pretty big that day, as I recall. We all watched Matt Tidy run it in a Java, then a couple of our lot ran it too. Not me, I was in charge of bank support (of the photographic kind) as usual. I think that might have been the occasion that Jason (occasional poster here) capsized below the first drop, hard up against the river right rocks, and somehow rolled up and regained his line (-ish) for the rest of the drop. If all that rings a bell, then we've met!

I even took a shot of the van, which was rather a sad thing to do I know!
Steve Balcombe

rob brown

Post by rob brown »

It sure was 2002. Steve B you are obviously a braver man then me as I didn't admit in my first post that I too took a picture of the number plate. oh the shame!

Eboy

Post by Eboy »

The boy obviously has a problem with spelling he spelt "piranha" in his keyword search at the bottom of the listing!!

Jim

Post by Jim »

Hang on, maybe it's not K4YAK I was thinking of, maybe I know K11YAK (I think) and used to know K2 YAK, or something! I would recognise the plates/cars if I see them!

Doesn't Pete Astles have something like R10T on his van?

Either way there are better plates than C4N03 out there.

JIM

Grumpy Fisherman

Post by Grumpy Fisherman »

Jim wrote:Either way there are better plates than C4N03 out there.
I've always fancied TW4T myself.

Grinner(Not logged in)

Post by Grinner(Not logged in) »

here is a site where you can make illegal and legal plates
http://www.makemyplate.com/plate_selection.html
the illegal ones can i think be legal if you do it right.

waverley610

kodak moment

Post by waverley610 »

There was a photo in kayak session magazine last year,
or was it canoe and kayak.. taken in Scotland I think.

It showed 'CANOE' and 'KAYAK' vehicles alongside each other,
one was a 4x4 estate type, t'other a people carrier as I recall.

ChrisMac

Post by ChrisMac »

I think K4YAK and KAY4K are both owned by perception and are on their vans

Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

i think Chris Dickinson has K4 YAK if i remember right

hes a supermotivated paddler , been doing it a long time and is still gnarly as hell
Live your dreams , do not dream your life ......

Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Possibly the only thing sadder than having a personal number, is knowing and discussing who owns them. Talk about trainspotting!!

C2NOE (looks like CaNOE from a distance) belongs to Neil Dixon, paddler and first aid trainer from Frome :)
Steve Balcombe

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”