Clywedog (Llanidloes) releases

Inland paddling
boom

Clywedog (Llanidloes) releases

Post by boom »

Hi All,
Gonna head up to he mighty T on the weekend, but was wondering how often the Clywedog releases over the summer. I tried phoning the 24hr control room number in the river guide but got no answer.
Anyone happen to know whether it's releasing on Friday? And what level you need on the rivercall number for a desent run?
Cheers

jmmoxon

Re: Clywedog (Llanidloes) releases

Post by jmmoxon »

Would appear to be releasing at moment, but no idea if this is enough to paddle

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/ho ... ionId=2054

Mike
http://kayakworldguide.forums-free.com Links to websites with info on white water, touring, sea & surf.

leerogers

Post by leerogers »

Hi,

Paddled this on Sunday with a release of 200 (according to the nice man at the dam - 01686 413207) which seems to relate to about 0.34 on the new gauge. It was releasing at 300 earlier on Sunday (0.44). At 200 it's pretty bony but just about do-able. There's a fair few tree hazards but generally good fun.

Cheers
Lee

Baylo

Post by Baylo »

Hiya

A release of 800 is ok but 1000 upwards is ideal for a good trip, the man in the dam has always been really helpful.

boom

Post by boom »

Cheers for the replies.
Spent all weekend trying to get an answer at the dam control with no luck, tried at different times of the day but still no answer. Finally managed to get through at about 9am on Sunday as we were on the way back from the Tryeryn and were told that it was dropping from 300 to 200. We had a look at the get-in but thought it looked too bony to bother.
Next time maybe!

ijd201

Post by ijd201 »

did you phone from a mobile Boom? I tried phoning a while ago from a mobile, and no answer after ten attempts or so, as soon as I tried from a landline, it was answered immediately.

boom

Post by boom »

ijd201 wrote:did you phone from a mobile Boom? I tried phoning a while ago from a mobile, and no answer after ten attempts or so, as soon as I tried from a landline, it was answered immediately.
I did phone from a mobile. I did think it a bit odd as I'd tried at different times of the day, from early morning to late evening and got no answer, but when I phoned on Sunday (from my mobile) it was answered within two rings.
0.34 on EA gauge equals 200 Ml/day and is a bump and scrape, I would have thought 300Ml/day (0.44 on EA gauge) would be a better level. After seeing how low the res looked can't imagine there are gonna be that many 450Ml releases until the rain comes.
I'll try the landline trick next time though
Cheers

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”