New Deck Time

Inland paddling
Post Reply
John Robertson
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:10 pm
Location: Northumberland

New Deck Time

Post by John Robertson »

Both of my decks have started to disintigrate, so its time to replace them again!!

Im quite heavy on decks so I thought I would spend a bit more on somthing thats going to last hopefully.

Has anyone had any experiance with the Playboater Pro team deck or Seals Pro Rand deck?

john
Give it a go, you may like it wet.

User avatar
justin-g
Posts: 2085
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:58 pm
Location: Brizzle

Re: New Deck Time

Post by justin-g »

I brought a seals rand about 4 months ago and have used it about 40 times. Show no signs of wear and is the dryest deck possible. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

J
White water "rider"

dan-gilbert
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:29 pm
Location: Portishead/Bristol

Re: New Deck Time

Post by dan-gilbert »

I just put a rather large dent in my wallet today and got the seals pro rand deck, it is fantastic, absolutely no water comes in which is really handy without a drainage bung and looks very well designed. But when I got mine the guys at the shop said that the importer has stopped importing them for some reason so I think they now have to order them straight from the US so grab one quick if i was you because I spoke to one shop who said it would be up to 4 weeks before they come back in stock.

Dan

User avatar
Dizzykayaker
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:25 pm
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Re: New Deck Time

Post by Dizzykayaker »

However Dan, we have made that step and the order is winging it's way to us even as I type.

User avatar
Performance Kayaks
Posts: 898
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:01 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mud, Somerset
Contact:

Re: New Deck Time

Post by Performance Kayaks »

We have just ordered our new stock of Pro-Rands and they should be with us in about 6-10 working days....US Postal Service and Customs Dependant!

Gordon_H
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Balloch, Scotland

Re: New Deck Time

Post by Gordon_H »

Bomber gear k-BOMB.



best deckIve ever owned

User avatar
DaveBland
Posts: 3659
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:01 pm
Location: Calgary Canada
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: New Deck Time

Post by DaveBland »

I'm still using my Yak neoprene deck I blagged for my '96 Nepal trip and it's still going strong.
Here in Western Canada Snap Dragon decks are used by about 95% of all paddlers, with the other 5% Level Six.
When my deck does die, it'll be a Snap Dragon with implosion bar for sure. Not even an element of doubt.
Happy shopping...
dave

User avatar
TheKrikkitWars
Posts: 5809
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: New Deck Time

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

DaveBland wrote:Here in Western Canada Snap Dragon decks are used by about 95% of all paddlers, with the other 5% Level Six.
Snapdragon are very good, I've seen several, and there does seem to be an abiding criticism of them, that the extra layer of reinforcing material will come unstuck after a couple of years of hard use, making them tatty, and the potential for damage increases over time... I had the exact same thing happen to my IR deck which used the same renforcing material.

I've mentioned the RasDex Kevlar deck before, which (having seen them side by side) seems functionally eqivalent to the SnapDragon, though doesn't look quite as pollished (and doesn't have the preshaped neoprene which makes the snapdragon easy to don).
ONE BLADE, ONE LOVE, [TOO] MANY PIES


Joshua Kelly

action_girl72
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Snowdonia, Pembrokeshire, The Lakes & Peak

Re: New Deck Time

Post by action_girl72 »

Seals Pro-rand...Mutts Nuts!!

User avatar
Mission
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:00 am
Location: Wicklow

Re: New Deck Time

Post by Mission »

[quote="DaveBland".
When my deck does die, it'll be a Snap Dragon with implosion bar for sure..[/quote]
Been using one for a year now. Class bit of kit! I can stand on it and jump without it coming off the boat, still very easy to get on and it looks brand new.

Post Reply

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”