New Deck Time

Inland paddling
John Robertson

New Deck Time

Post by John Robertson »

Both of my decks have started to disintigrate, so its time to replace them again!!

Im quite heavy on decks so I thought I would spend a bit more on somthing thats going to last hopefully.

Has anyone had any experiance with the Playboater Pro team deck or Seals Pro Rand deck?

john
Give it a go, you may like it wet.

justin-g

Re: New Deck Time

Post by justin-g »

I brought a seals rand about 4 months ago and have used it about 40 times. Show no signs of wear and is the dryest deck possible. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

J
White water "rider"

dan-gilbert

Post by dan-gilbert »

I just put a rather large dent in my wallet today and got the seals pro rand deck, it is fantastic, absolutely no water comes in which is really handy without a drainage bung and looks very well designed. But when I got mine the guys at the shop said that the importer has stopped importing them for some reason so I think they now have to order them straight from the US so grab one quick if i was you because I spoke to one shop who said it would be up to 4 weeks before they come back in stock.

Dan

Dizzykayaker

Post by Dizzykayaker »

However Dan, we have made that step and the order is winging it's way to us even as I type.

Performance Kayaks

Post by Performance Kayaks »

We have just ordered our new stock of Pro-Rands and they should be with us in about 6-10 working days....US Postal Service and Customs Dependant!

Gordon_H

Post by Gordon_H »

Bomber gear k-BOMB.

best deckIve ever owned

DaveBland

Post by DaveBland »

I'm still using my Yak neoprene deck I blagged for my '96 Nepal trip and it's still going strong.
Here in Western Canada Snap Dragon decks are used by about 95% of all paddlers, with the other 5% Level Six.
When my deck does die, it'll be a Snap Dragon with implosion bar for sure. Not even an element of doubt.
Happy shopping...
dave

TheKrikkitWars

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

DaveBland wrote:Here in Western Canada Snap Dragon decks are used by about 95% of all paddlers, with the other 5% Level Six.
Snapdragon are very good, I've seen several, and there does seem to be an abiding criticism of them, that the extra layer of reinforcing material will come unstuck after a couple of years of hard use, making them tatty, and the potential for damage increases over time... I had the exact same thing happen to my IR deck which used the same renforcing material.

I've mentioned the RasDex Kevlar deck before, which (having seen them side by side) seems functionally eqivalent to the SnapDragon, though doesn't look quite as pollished (and doesn't have the preshaped neoprene which makes the snapdragon easy to don).
ONE BLADE, ONE LOVE, [TOO] MANY PIES

Joshua Kelly

action_girl72

Post by action_girl72 »

Seals Pro-rand...Mutts Nuts!!

Mission

Post by Mission »

[quote="DaveBland".
When my deck does die, it'll be a Snap Dragon with implosion bar for sure..[/quote]
Been using one for a year now. Class bit of kit! I can stand on it and jump without it coming off the boat, still very easy to get on and it looks brand new.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”