The Dart in Kayak Session mag...

Inland paddling
Kayak Session

The Dart in Kayak Session mag...

Post by Kayak Session »

Hey everyone,

A quick note to let you know that we featured the Dart in the Fall Issue of Kayak Session; thanks to Simon Westgarth for the words, and Mark rainsley & Paul Wilkinson for the photos... We hope you will enjoy the article...

Thanks!

preview the current issue here: http://www.kayaksession.com/kayak-magazine.php

Simon Westgarth

Re: The Dart in Kayak Session mag...

Post by Simon Westgarth »

Cheers Toon

Here's a image of the leading page of the article, which profiles one of England's finest paddling destinations, the River Dart, along with info of the other runs of Dartmoor and why paddling the Dart is so popular. Images form UKRGB's Mark R

Enjoy

Simon Westgarth

I also saw that Josh Lowry is being interviewed, an icon lifestyle boater who drifts with the seasons up and down the Pan-American highway for 20 years or more by now. Several years back I managed to paddle with him on Toby Canyon in BC, his floated on the water like nothing was there, clam, cool and serene, a bhudda boater of sorts, it'll be a great read for sure

justin-g

Post by justin-g »

MMMMM Dart - damm i can't wait for those winter Friday morning sessions!
White water "rider"

AS Watersports

Post by AS Watersports »

Cool, more Devonian bragging coming right up. Whilst paddling in the French Pyrenees recently I was ask if we had rivers in England! This will be the perfect example.
Good work chaps.
Ewart

furby

Post by furby »

I spent two weeks in the alps with st andrews uni and had enless greif about devon having no rivers.

well st andrews, put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Dug

Post by Dug »

But really think St Andrews probably tops Devon... Everyone 'bigs up' their local river and it just happens that the dart is the local for more than half the UK population....

Simon Westgarth

furby wrote:I spent two weeks in the alps with st andrews uni and had enless greif about devon having no rivers.
Dug wrote:But really think St Andrews probably tops Devon... Everyone 'bigs up' their local river and it just happens that the dart is the local for more than half the UK population....
Hmmm, a rather parochial point of view, given that there is some great UK standard paddling within 20minutes of Plymouth. St Andrews, well its quite a drive to get anywhere good, too cold for most of the year, and little job prospects once you have graduated compared to Devon. The very fact they took their Uni club to the French Alps show its all very narrow minded, as the Soča in Slovenia or Salsa in Austria for club level paddler is by far a better learning location. But hey we'll not begrudge them the next miles, as Dover is less than half to the Alps for them. If St Andrews is so good with Summer dam releases close by, why do they even need to leave? I suspect because is ok but not great, I am sure you can have some great days, but its is not a great paddling location, pretty much like anywhere along Western side of the British Isles.

funkidreadz

Post by funkidreadz »

AS Watersports wrote:Whilst paddling in the French Pyrenees recently I was ask if we had rivers in England!
Most mainland Europeans think that it rains non stop in England, these very same people are also surprised that there are rivers in England, where do they think all that rain goes!

Paddle safe
James

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”