Briancon to Landeck

Inland paddling
bib_bob_euroslap

Briancon to Landeck

Post by bib_bob_euroslap »

So it looks like bit of a pain in the backside to drive from the French alps over to the Austrian, I'm just wondering if it's possible/easier via public transport. Does anyone have any ideas on the best ways to make the journey?

leerogers

Re: Briancon to Landeck

Post by leerogers »

Hi, we break the journey up by paddling some of the Italian stuff (Dora Baltea area or Val Sesia) on the way over, then work our way down the Inn on the way to Landeck. Makes the drive much more palatable!
Cheers, Lee

EdC

Post by EdC »

Agree - if you've got the time to stop and paddle on route, then our old stops used to be: Dora Baltea (lower and mid), Albula and, as already mentioned, the Swiss Inn (take your pick), but that might have been better from the Isere at Bourg St Maurice (which is worth a detour from Briancon).
if no time to stop, then the drive straight through isn't too bad - I did it comfortably in one day last year: from Briancon via Turin, Milan ring road, Como, St. Moritz and thence down the Inn to Landeck.

Ed

clarky999

Post by clarky999 »

Check OBB.at for the austrian train network railway. It includes info for Swiss and German trains too, so may give info for travelling to Austria from other EU countries, but I've never needed to check that so don't know.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”