BCU Coaching?

Inland paddling
swtoby89

BCU Coaching?

Post by swtoby89 »

Hey all. Hopeing someone could help here.

Looking at getting myself and a group of friends on a new UKCC level 2 transfer course.

Is this possible?

All paddlers have atleast old level 2 or 3, 3 star in both disiplines and at least new 4 star training and lots of coaching experience home and away and alot of paddling hours, SRT or WRT and first aid.

Are there any courses available.... or where do i start looking?

Aprreciated any help or advice

Toby

guy

Re: BCU Coaching?

Post by guy »

if you do get a transfer course, that is only the start of it.

You need to do at least 6 coaching sessions after the training with a whole load of supporting paper work for each session

You need to get a "mentor" to observe some of these sessions

You need to do the online child protection course
and the online longterm paddler development test

swtoby89

Post by swtoby89 »

Thanks for the advice,sure wew will be able to mange the extras included. Dont supose you know of any possible providers?

Thanks again

toby

James G

Post by James G »

Plas Y Brenin runs lots of them. I looked into it a while ago but then became a little disenchanted when I talked to a couple of people who'd done them and it seems that the main difference between an old style coach and a new style one is the ability to fill out paperwork. I suppose I should get on and fill out the paperwork, pay for the course, be mentored by a less qualified coach than myself, fill in more paperwork and then pay for the assessment. All to be able to do a lot less than I can under the old scheme.

James

swtoby89

Post by swtoby89 »

Not sure if you feel the same James, but the new scheme completely misses out on people like ourselves who are more than capable for the new level 2 but the whole hassel and hoops thats need to be jumped through involving more money and papaerwork miss out? Im sure once i get into it i would love the new scheme but its actually just getting my head around it without falling back to stage one?

Im really confused by the whole situation!!

Thanks for the input.

Toby

Fluidskills.com

Post by Fluidskills.com »

Hi Drop me an email to darren@fluidskills.com . I can help you with this

cheers
Darren

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”