UKCC Level 3 Training 22-26th March

Inland paddling
ijd201

UKCC Level 3 Training 22-26th March

Post by ijd201 »

Finally, a Level 3 training is avaliable! PYB are running a UKCC Level 3 Core training course in March. Thought i'd book onto this, but it seems that no one else has, perhaps due to a lack of advertising. Please book yourself a place if you're interested, so that the course can go ahead!

Until the 1st June 2010, [b]the pre-requisite for Level 3 training is Level 2 [u]Training[/u][/b]

info can be found at: http://www.pyb.co.uk/courses/bcu-qualifications.php

ijd201

Re: UKCC Level 3 Training 22-26th March

Post by ijd201 »

bump

sarajames

Post by sarajames »

Having completing my level 2 I have been keeping my eye out for Level 3 developments and hadn't noticed that course. However at £535 I can't really afford to join in. Anyone had any luck accessing funding for the new UKCC scheme?
sara

DanT

Post by DanT »

PYB are offering this five-day "Generic Core Training" for £535, followed by a two day "Discipline Specific Training" (WW, sea and canoe so far) for £200. At this point you can then go away to get your one year coaching experience, CPD modules, etc before assessment.

Everything I'd read up to now suggested the core training would be three days. I thought a week at PYB to knock off both core and discipline-specific would be ok. The BCU website still reflects this...

http://www.canoe-england.org.uk/media/p ... 201-10.pdf

I wonder what extras you get if they're extending the core training from three to five days? I did their five-day five-star preparation course which only needed to be four days (two days 5* training and two days AWWS&R) and would recommend it to everyone - the extra day enabled us to cover everything properly and cover stuff above and beyond. But increasing the L3 core to five days (perhaps because three-day courses don't fit in so well with the running of the centre) might increase the price beyond the reach of many???

I'd also be very keen to hear what people know about funding. I got my UKCC L1 and L2 completely funded (mainly by Skills Active) but I hear this has stopped and I can't find anything online.

Adrian Cooper

Post by Adrian Cooper »

sarajames wrote:Having completing my level 2 I have been keeping my eye out for Level 3 developments and hadn't noticed that course. However at £535 I can't really afford to join in.
£525 core + £200 dicipline specific + £120 first aid + £200 assessment + CPD modules. I'll bet they are flocking to get involved.

Adrian Shanahan

Post by Adrian Shanahan »

Adrian Cooper wrote:£525 core + £200 dicipline specific + £120 first aid + £200 assessment + CPD modules. I'll bet they are flocking to get involved.
But Adrian this would be classed as a professional qualifaction so surely in that light its good value.

Adrian

Adrian Cooper

Post by Adrian Cooper »

Presumably that was meant tongue-in-cheek Adrian.

I know a lot of centres who use level 2 coaches on a professional basis.

Liam Kirkham

Post by Liam Kirkham »

Well im very excited.

LittleLegs

Post by LittleLegs »

For the record the 5 day course PYB is offering is 3 days core and 2 days cpd modules. So the cost to get through is a snip at just over £1000 plus plus

I have looked at this but not sure what the qualification offers over my UKCCL2 and MWE, but Iam a just club training officer not a professional.
Rob

GillD

Post by GillD »

UKCC Level 3 involves 3 days core, followed by 3 days CPD (or moderate water endorsement plus 1 day CPD)

2 days disclipline specific, 1 years coaching / experience, then your assessment

Basic PYB are offering 2 out of the 3 CPD's in the weeks course, so only 1 other is needed before the disclipline specific

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”