Fluid Solo plug pics

Inland paddling
Pete C.

Fluid Solo plug pics

Post by Pete C. »

Celliers has posted me some pics back of the plugs for the Solo. They've gone off to the mould-maker so it shouldn't be long until they're in production. I'm expecting the container to arrive in March.

http://www.fluidkayaks.co.uk/news/230105news.htm

What do you reckon? I'm looking forwards to getting my hands on a Large and doing some serious testing (ie. going paddling a lot).

Pete.

Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Looks interesting, not especially like any other creeker which springs to mind.

Out of interest...how has the design idea been tested before going to full production? Fibreglass mock-ups??

PS Fantastic cover shot on 'Playboating' this month, Pete.
Mark Rainsley
FACEBOOK

Pete C.

Solo

Post by Pete C. »

All our boats are proto'ed in plastic rather than glass. I'm putting together a bit of an article on the design/test/production processes for plastic boats which I'm sure will come out at some point, but the gist is that if you make a fibreglass mould instead of a metal one (and use the right resin) you CAN use it to make a plastic boat to test. There's been some pretty extensive testing (first prototype - http://www.fluidkayaks.co.za/video%20cl ... ru%20h.wmv) of the Solos, so I'm just waiting for to get my hands on a production model. The change since the initial protos has been massive (the first ones looked very different - the small had a really flat deck profile in particular), but I think the production models look awesome.

I was pretty happy with the cover shot myself. It was the easiest event in the world to take incredible photos of, even if I did have to spend a couple of hours lurking in a spider tree.

Cheers,

Pete.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”