Austrian Autobahn Permits.

Inland paddling
TheKrikkitWars

Austrian Autobahn Permits.

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

I'm aware that use of the Austrian autobahn network requires a small permit, which costs (I believe) €8; How long is it valid for and where can they be purchased.

On a related note can anyone reccomend a Phrasebook for both German and Dutch?
ONE BLADE, ONE LOVE, [TOO] MANY PIES

Joshua Kelly

RVabdn

Re: Austrian Autobahn Permits.

Post by RVabdn »

You can buy them at service stations. I think they are available in different values for different durations.
Richard Veitch

lennart

Post by lennart »

Yes service stations. they start in germany. I think about 100 km from the border.They have passes 10 days 2 months or a year. That does not mean that you do not have to pay any other toll over there...

dutch frasebook is no use at all. most of us speak good english I have a number of foreign freinds and most of them complain that we dutchies switch to quick to english. if you need help please ask.
Propper Writing in English, how do you do that, with dyslexia, bad hand eye coordination, ect. and in a foreign language
sorry fore all the mistakes.

Simon Westgarth

Post by Simon Westgarth »

At any service station just before the Austrian border and throughout Austria you can buy a toll sticker with the following pharse, "Ein zen tager vingette bitte" will get you a 10 day Austrian motorway sticker for 7€ or so, without it expect a 100+€ on the spot fine. If you don't have the cash, the nice policeman will keep your passport warm until you get the cash.

PaddyW

Post by PaddyW »

Austrian Police are also strict on speeding. If you are over the limit by more than a very small amount, you will get stopped and fined on the spot. They tend to wait at end of section of motorway before tunnels. Don't forget your passport if you go over border into Switzerland for upper secions of Inn.

TheKrikkitWars

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Question, would paying for 2 10 day stickers at €14 be cheaper than a 1 month sticker?

Joshua Kelly

lennart

Post by lennart »

2 motnhs vignet seems to cost 24 euro
Propper Writing in English, how do you do that, with dyslexia, bad hand eye coordination, ect. and in a foreign language

TheKrikkitWars

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Thanks, Am I right in thinking that there are few if any tolls in the netherlands and germany?

Joshua Kelly

Simon Westgarth

TheKrikkitWars wrote:Thanks, Am I right in thinking that there are few if any tolls in the netherlands and germany?
None unless you're driving a truck

TheKrikkitWars

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Would a (non-car derived) van with a MAM under 3500 kg be counted as a car for that?

Joshua Kelly

lennart

Post by lennart »

Over here no problem. You have to search to find a toll road over here. I know one.
I think same for germany.

mpooleman

Post by mpooleman »

Trust me, not worth getting caught, 120 Euro fine on the spot!!! Oops!! We did get half way through Austria before getting caught when we pulled over to change drivers!!

Then a tyre blow out about half an hour down the road just to cap it off!!

Mark
Mark Pooleman

TechnoEngineer

Post by TechnoEngineer »

TheKrikkitWars wrote:On a related note can anyone reccomend a Phrasebook for both German and Dutch?
I'd recommend the collins gem pocket phrase books, as they are nicely pocket sized and pretty much useful enough. Might also be worth getting an audio course (e.g. the Hugo learn in three months) so you can learn proper pronounciation (especially for Dutch) - examples:

Dutch

German
lennart wrote:most of us speak good english I have a number of foreign freinds and most of them complain that we dutchies switch to quick to english. if you need help please ask.
True, but someone shouting "warning" or "danger" isn't going to do it in English, and warning signs aren't written in English either. Not to mention it's worth being able to say placenames approximately correctly ("Scheveningen" was a fun one). Most people I spoke to in Holland appreciated my efforts at speaking Dutch, although most of them spoke English back. However there was one or two occasions where I spoke to people who didn't understand English, so being able to converse in Dutch was very useful.
XL-Burn-3 / Monstar / XPlore-X/ My Videos

foggybear

Post by foggybear »

a few years back we did not get a motorway pass , but as we were leaving Austria just before the border Old Bill had a road block pulling all foreign cars and ... yes we were just going through when we got stopped. hefty fine. well worth buying next time we went
speeding in austria very strict.
slight lack of concentration on a down hill section and out came the lolly pop
plenty of school boy german and an accidental flash of the get out of jail free card saw us drive away with full wallets
easy way is just stick to limits and you will have no probs

Simon Westgarth

Here si all the info you'll need, on wikipedia of cause

davebrads

Post by davebrads »

Also you must drive at all times with dipped headlights in Austria. Most useful in my car which has backlit instruments that automatically dim when you turn the headlights on so I couldn't see how fast I was going.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”