Footrest for a playboat

Inland paddling
Evil Cod

Footrest for a playboat

Post by Evil Cod »

Hi:

I recently bought a Kingpin: Icon 6.3, and the boat has no footrest. I would like to put one in, but im not sure what is the best type of thing to do.

Can I have some advice please?

Thanks John

Charlie123

Re: Footrest for a playboat

Post by Charlie123 »

In my wavesport ZG I've just got a block of foam cut to fit the boat.

jackbay131

Post by jackbay131 »

jackson happy feet?
Pay cheques , here today , gone tomorrow.

notverygoodroller

Post by notverygoodroller »

I had to do the same thing in my Recoil.
Don't waste your money on Jackson happy feet, just buy some closed cell foam (or ask nicely for offcuts in a decent Kayak shop and you might get it for free), cut it down to the correct size and glue or tape it in to the end of your boat.

TheKrikkitWars

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Did the kingpin not orignally have a tiny little footplate? worth emailing and asking dagger europe if they have any about, they're always super helpful when I've had to deal with them.
ONE BLADE, ONE LOVE, [TOO] MANY PIES

Joshua Kelly

Pete C.

Post by Pete C. »

The original spec footrest for the Kingpin was just minicell with some cut outs to help you tear it off to size. A tenner's worth of minicell foam and a bread knife should see you right. It should stay in place just by being wedged in, but a dab or two of contact adhesive in the right place will hold it in really well.

Also, make sure it's a tight fit to start with because the foam will compress a bit over time.

jackbay131

Post by jackbay131 »

still think that jackson happy feet isnt a waste of time or money though if you do , an airbag stuffed in the front usually sufices
Pay cheques , here today , gone tomorrow.

RVabdn

Post by RVabdn »

I've cut a block of foam in a trapezium sort of shape. Just wedged it in the front. It'l probably come out if I swam but my kingpins not really getting used on anything hardcore.
Richard Veitch

Ollieswims!

Post by Ollieswims! »

I just throw a load of random foamy objects down there and hope they don't move :) At the moment, You know the frog floats you get at swimming pools? I snapped one up and shoved pieces in there.

Ollie.

dwbald

Post by dwbald »

Hi, I have a jackson happy feet and have just got some foam to replace it. Found it would shift just a little if I really pushed on it, think its air moving from one side to the other.

I want to make a really good job on the foot rest looking into taking a mold of the foot space and using it to shape a custom foot block. Of course this might turn out to be to expensive time consuming so the trapezium shape is the number one alt for me at the moment lol...
And release pressel...
Cheers Dave B

maxandtheletter7

Post by maxandtheletter7 »

Ollieswims! wrote:I just throw a load of random foamy objects down there and hope they don't move :) At the moment, You know the frog floats you get at swimming pools? I snapped one up and shoved pieces in there.

Ollie.
SPOT ON.

I rolled part of a Karimat, cut off a load so it was miniture, then stuck some sticky back foam on top of that and RAMMED it in the bottom of the boat; it cushions hits, is comfotable and you can even pull it out in the same shape. Beautiful. Took five minutes and zero pence.
Not swimming, not trying hard enough

TomWardill

Post by TomWardill »

TheKrikkitWars wrote:Did the kingpin not orignally have a tiny little footplate? worth emailing and asking dagger europe if they have any about, they're always super helpful when I've had to deal with them.

I have seen the Icon fitted with a 'bar' footrest (I think we're thinking of the same one...). Fitted like a foot plate one with the bolts on the side, but was basically just a bar across the front. Having used the boat, I'd not bother, and fit a foam minicell one, going to be a hell of a lot more comfortable.
Tom Wardill

Ollieswims!

Post by Ollieswims! »

maxandtheletter7 wrote:
Ollieswims! wrote:I just throw a load of random foamy objects down there and hope they don't move :) At the moment, You know the frog floats you get at swimming pools? I snapped one up and shoved pieces in there.

Ollie.
SPOT ON.

I rolled part of a Karimat, cut off a load so it was miniture, then stuck some sticky back foam on top of that and RAMMED it in the bottom of the boat; it cushions hits, is comfotable and you can even pull it out in the same shape. Beautiful. Took five minutes and zero pence.
Haha thing is, I didn't even bother with the sticky back foam. Its not even held there by anything but the brute force i applied to get it down there and of course hitting those nasty rocks in holes.

Ollie.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”