Where did we all go boating with this rain this weekend?

Inland paddling
Kris Waring

Declivity

Post by Kris Waring »

Declivity, just so you know (Sorry Jim)

NOUN: Inflected forms: pl. de·cliv·i·ties
A downward slope, as of a hill.

Kris

mharrall

Jim's job, anyone want it?

Post by mharrall »

Jim Wrote:
Sorry dude, that's a trade secret. I could tell you but then you would be able to do my job and I wouldn't have one :D
I don't think you have to worry about me wanting your job Jim.

Martin

Jim

Post by Jim »

OK, Kris wins!
It is of course the angle of declination, which is important when launching a ship from a conventional berth. You should be able to see how that links to waterfall running, although we don't tend to put ships into freefall....

JIM

colinbell

The Wet Water of Minnoch

Post by colinbell »

I was in one of 2 groups who ventured into the depths of the New Galloway Forest and paddled the middle and lower sections of the Water of Minnoch (see description on this website). Water level was high - almost flood level - but had dropped 2 or 3 feet from Saturdays full spate condition. This is an excellent river - most of us portaged the 1st of the Gd5 drops but all other sections were paddleable even in my short Jackson 4Fun - highlight for me was the run down the Falls of Minnoch and the last section below Brogan Bridge which must rank as one of the best finishes to a river trip in Scotland if not the UK. Definitely well worth the 2.5 hour drive from Edinburgh.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”