SAFFA 1975 Act, the new reason why we cannot paddle rivers

Inland paddling
shanclan

Re: SAFFA 1975 Act, the new reason why we cannot paddle rivers

Post by shanclan »

Deleted
Last edited by shanclan on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

andya

Post by andya »

Deleted by Andy ...

Reason: “There is no waste of time in life like that of making explanations.” - Benjamin Disraeli
Last edited by andya on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wildswimmer Pete

Post by Wildswimmer Pete »

andya wrote: (shouting at the screen)

'ELLO, FISHY!

MR FISHY FISHERMAN. I'VE GOT A LOVELY FRESH CUTTLEFISH IF YOU WAKE UP. MR FISHY FISHERMAN ...
'E's pining for the fjords. Mind you I'd like to see if he'd "voom" if we shoved 4 million volts up his exhaust.................

Wildswimmer Pete
Nili illegitimi carborundum

mharrall

Post by mharrall »

I think I prefer the way this thread is going now

Martin

shanclan

Post by shanclan »

Deleted
Last edited by shanclan on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

fishguard

Post by fishguard »

Hi Paddlers,

This thread is getting good, thanks Shanclan, so you all know about Saffa 1975.

Yes you do

Doesnt invole us!

Yes it does

No it doesnt

Only involves Anglers and Farmers!

No it doesnt

Yes it does

We dont Damage Gravels, Theres No proof

etc etc

31 pages Later - and youre keeping it alive ( good on yeh)

October is getting nearer

No it isnt

Guess what andya - back to the top we go!

No we dont!

Regards FG

Wildswimmer Pete

andya wrote: 'ELLO, FISHY!

MR FISHY FISHERMAN. I'VE GOT A LOVELY FRESH CUTTLEFISH IF YOU WAKE UP. MR FISHY FISHERMAN ...
OK - couldn't resist it:

Wildswimmer Pete

fishguard

Post by fishguard »

mole wrote:Yes you've done me there, the Nith is massive.

Hi Mole,

Yep your right the Nith is massive!

http://www.rivernithfishings.co.uk/

And now for the river Llugwy - Spot the diffrence!

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/110481

Regards FG

Adrian Cooper

Post by Adrian Cooper »

Deleted
Last edited by Adrian Cooper on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shanclan

Post by shanclan »

Deleted
Last edited by shanclan on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

fishguard

Post by fishguard »

Hi Shanclan,

Are they kisses or has Adrian made up the letter, as stated to me on earlier postings the E.A are Public servants, so no need to hide the name, so if you want me to belive the posting, give all the details.

And by the way, Environmental protection is not a game, Spot the difference is though!

Regards FG

Wildswimmer Pete

fishguard wrote: And by the way, Environmental protection is not a game, Spot the difference is though!

Regards FG
Fishguard, will you please get it into your head that your little bit of "environmental protection" is merely part of a much greater picture, as is mine - although mine has more to do with protection of public health than the welfare of little fishies.

Wildswimmer Pete

andya

Post by andya »

Deleted by Andy ...

Reason: “There is no waste of time in life like that of making explanations.” - Benjamin Disraeli
Last edited by andya on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

mole

Post by mole »

We can all play that game Tony.

Seems appropriate as your photo is also taken from the tidal section of the river about 20 miles and several confluences downstream of the section referenced.

Stop being a such a sad, lying, disingenuous, protectionist idiot.

Neill
Sometimes it's just too much effor......aughhh

Steve B

Post by Steve B »

fishguard wrote:... has Adrian made up the letter, as stated to me on earlier postings the E.A are Public servants, so no need to hide the name, so if you want me to belive the posting, give all the details.
That was an unparliamentary remark, I would respectfully suggest that you withdraw it.
Steve Balcombe

weso

Post by weso »

Excellent result, Adrian. I was involved in access twenty-odd years ago, and before that did a bit of paddling. The mind-set of those employed by the Water Authorities regarding fisheries in the early years was vastly different from that of those in a similar position in the EA today. In the 'old days' fisheries meant angling; nowadays they understand that they have an environmental protection remit - not an angling protection remit. This is, I think, evidenced in the wording of the letter. It's quite clear that passing over (afloat) isn't seen as a threat. This, of course, leaves wading through or dragging over. I don't think there's any problem from the paddlers' perspective. If you walk through gravel you are a pedestrian - or a fisherman.

Moral - if you disturb the salmon they will do something; if you disturb the anglers they are not at all interested.

husky

Post by husky »

STOP
Why oh why are you taking any notice of Fishy fish face?
The old adage all publicity is good publicity come to mind!
Let it go.
Just get out and boat, report people to the Police who are breaking the law and register your experiences with the relevant associations Wales /England ECT.
It’s all about the money anyway and the get off my land mentality that some land owners and fisher folk protest and pervert into Fish/wildlife protection.
The EA spends millions (of tax payer’s money) in supporting/restocking/repairing Fisherfolk’s past time!
Steve
LET IT BE

fishguard

Post by fishguard »

Wildswimmer Pete - You know little of the works we do, so to quote we only look after the "little Fishees" and you think you do the more important job of looking after the protection of the Public health, I will ask you who caused the problem you are dealing with in the first place, for you to have to do such works as to protect the publics health?

What reasons do you have or better still in what way does what we request the Paddlers not to do (disturb Spawning Fish etc)effect you in anyway? As you said you are happy where you are on the Mersey, so what are your reasons? what do you personally gain from this discussion?

andya - This thread is far from being an EX THREAD!

Neil - Hope you recieve a warning for your comments, or is it O.K for me to call you guys Idiots, Liars, Blinkered by your Paddles etc etc - The whole point is Neil is you can legally Paddle Tidal waters, when we were refering to the upper stretches/of small narrow Spawning rivers you can not legally paddle, and you can not disturb Spawning Fish/Gravels. Its strange how you react so nasty when you are proven not so clever!

Steve B - My remark was tame compared to what I recieve off you guys, I will not be removing it.

Weso - what result, it means nothing without names, as for doing nothing we have SAFFA 1975, and then we have the Law of Nuisance, which is there to protect Lawful River users, to enjoy their pursuit undisturbed.

Husky/Steve -
husky wrote:STOP
report people to the Police who are breaking the law and register your experiences with the relevant associations Wales Steve
That is what we intend to do, for breaches of SAFFA 1975 and disturbance, but thanks for trying to help all the same!

Regards FG

mharrall

Post by mharrall »

fishguard wrote:Hi Shanclan,

Are they kisses or has Adrian made up the letter, as stated to me on earlier postings the E.A are Public servants, so no need to hide the name, so if you want me to belive the posting, give all the details.

And by the way, Environmental protection is not a game, Spot the difference is though!

Regards FG
And the identity of the so called EA officials you've been so often meeting and in contact with? You've been asked for those details several times, how are we to believe you if you don't give all the details?

Holy Moly, one for the corner me thinks.
Martin

fishguard

Post by fishguard »

Hi Martin,

I am not really that bothered if you belive me or not, I told you maps from the E.A were on the way, and you now know that to be true, I told you of letters to the Bangor University Lads, and on going meetings with the E.A, that also has come true, I can also tell you information signs ( to be erected on the river banks ) are coming soon.

I do not like being called a liar and Idiot by people like Neil, who cant accept the truth of what is to come.

Regards FG

Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Adrian - please scan your letter from the EA (or take a screen dump if it's an email), post it up here, shut this buffoon up once and for all.
Mark Rainsley
FACEBOOK

Rutpaddle

Post by Rutpaddle »

Mark R wrote:Adrian - please scan your letter from the EA (or take a screen dump if it's an email), post it up here, shut this buffoon up once and for all.
Yes, I'm sure that's all its going to take......

A sweepstake - on which unanswered phonecall to the Bangor EA's SWAT team this winter will the penny finally drop?

I'm taking 12 with a spread of 2

Jules

mharrall

Post by mharrall »

fishguard wrote:Hi Martin,

I am not really that bothered if you belive me or not, I told you maps from the E.A were on the way, and you now know that to be true, I told you of letters to the Bangor University Lads, and on going meetings with the E.A, that also has come true, I can also tell you information signs ( to be erected on the river banks ) are coming soon.

I do not like being called a liar and Idiot by people like Neil, who cant accept the truth of what is to come.

Regards FG
FG, those last 10 words of yours are absolutely priceless.
Martin

jmmoxon

Post by jmmoxon »

Could be just EA Wales, rather than a national policy, they have recently put links in to these Salmon Action Plans (still working on links for English Plans):

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/re ... 33967.aspx

Mike
http://kayakworldguide.forums-free.com Links to websites with info on white water, touring, sea & surf.

Wildswimmer Pete

fishguard wrote:Wildswimmer Pete - You know little of the works we do, so to quote we only look after the "little Fishees" and you think you do the more important job of looking after the protection of the Public health,
Perhaps you would kindly inform us of the exact nature of your important environmental work then we can all make a judgement. I think everybody knows what I do, and why. And before you ask, when it comes to environmental threats I DO regard any threat to human health to be my top priority.
fishguard wrote: I will ask you who caused the problem you are dealing with in the first place, for you to have to do such works as to protect the publics health?
Stupid question - you know full well that radiological risks are down to we humans playing with our dangerous little toys. However you ARE a member of humanity, aren't you? And like the rest of us you DO use nuclear generated electricity, don't you?
fishguard wrote:What reasons do you have or better still in what way does what we request the Paddlers not to do (disturb Spawning Fish etc)effect you in anyway? As you said you are happy where you are on the Mersey, so what are your reasons?
Because like paddlers, we wild swimmers have suffered intimidation and exclusion from our waters. I have actually swum in rivers the length and breadth of the UK - in fact only last Tuesday I did the Thames at Abingdon. I "collect" rivers, so to speak. Not only that I'm a winter swimmer so river swim "out of season".
fishguard wrote:what do you personally gain from this discussion?
The same as all the other contributors - and I enjoy a good debate.

Wildswimmer Pete
Last edited by Wildswimmer Pete on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ed Lefley

Post by Ed Lefley »

jmmoxon wrote:Could be just EA Wales, rather than a national policy, they have recently put links in to these Salmon Action Plans (still working on links for English Plans):

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/re ... 33967.aspx

Mike
Mike,

I know that Govt agencies are slow... BUT the dates on the plan for the Conwy date back to 2000 for application in 2002...
‘A life without adventure is likely to be unsatisfactory.
A life without limits on adventure is likely to be short.’
Bertrand Russell

mole

Post by mole »

Sorry you're unhappy with my comments Tony but I'm calling it how I see it. When you were reasonable I was reasonable, when you act like an idiot I have to point it out. Not sorry for doing it.

Gives me summat to do while I'm waiting for my shoulder to recover.

laters
Sometimes it's just too much effor......aughhh

fishguard

Post by fishguard »

Hi Mole - Blinkered is what you can call your input, lets just hope your shoulder recovers quickly ( how did you hurt it? if you dont mind me asking)

Mark R - Adrian wont do that, and name calling just shows the start of your weakness - sticks and stones and all that !

Jules - You wish! the Bangor lads are still feeling the effects of last years reported incidents, this years will be unfaltering evidence!

Martin - Thank you.

Wildswimmer Pete - Im really glad you are enjoying SAFFA 1975, and think it is a good debate. I also know a lot of Anglers/Farmers who have been intimidated by Paddlers ( not on the waters we look after ), luckily I havent heard of any off Wild Swimmers as of yet.

Wildswimmer Pete - If you are concerned and "regard" any threat to human Health, why are you fighting for Paddlers to enable them take part in the dangerous activities( EXTREEM SPORTS) such as White water Kayaking or Play boating down such places as the Conwy Falls and Swallow Falls and the Mincer etc, if you think my comments untrue, I will spend the next 10 - 20 Postings on this thread searching and digging up old records I have access to and high lighting such cases and the costs to the tax payers for the Rescue services that attended.

Who insures Paddlers against activities on places like the Conwy Falls and Swallow Falls? how many near misses go un reported? how many self rescues take place? Im sure when all this information is made clear to WAG they will look at your Petition in a diffrent light.

Your Hero Griff Rhys Jones - would be just another casualty or worse still fatality, if he attempted anything near what you guys do on the rivers (named above) and just shows even more how under handed you are being using him as an example for the idealology of gaining access to the Welsh river Via a change in the law!

Regards FG

jmmoxon

Post by jmmoxon »

I know that Govt agencies are slow... BUT the dates on the plan for the Conwy date back to 2000 for application in 2002...
The plans are quite old, but date of page update is 3rd August 2009 & states English plans are still to be linked to...I don't know how long they have been online, also neither of the links for the New Sea Trout and Salmon Fisheries Strategy - Welsh or English Versions - actually works.

Mike
http://kayakworldguide.forums-free.com Links to websites with info on white water, touring, sea & surf.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”