Peak UK Creek Drysuit - Any Good?

Inland paddling
j.anstee

Peak UK Creek Drysuit - Any Good?

Post by j.anstee »

So has anyone bought one yet or what are peoples general opinions on it? It looks and feels good so just wanting to know peoples thoughts before i purchasde one.

Thanks in advance.
Live everyday as if its your last!
One life, live it.

Lancs_lad

Re: Peak UK Creek Drysuit - Any Good?

Post by Lancs_lad »

Just bought one.

So far so good!! I have had the cag for a year and love it, so hoping for similar!

Ricks-Freestyle-Mind

Post by Ricks-Freestyle-Mind »

Good luck with the chaffing ;-)

TheKrikkitWars

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

I tried one on just after they came out, I thought it was godawful to wear. Can't comment on the durablility.
ONE BLADE, ONE LOVE, [TOO] MANY PIES

Joshua Kelly

Summit to Sea

Post by Summit to Sea »

Nothing but positive feedback from my lucky customers thus far>

Cheers,
Pete

kayaking_matt

Post by kayaking_matt »

due to the opening being between the legs, for long walks ins u need to have the dry suit zipped up where as with conventional one u can tie the top half round ur self and so stopping u from over heating

matt

Lancs_lad

Post by Lancs_lad »

Is this from experience? Or you just presuming? I dont even notice it, in or out of boat. I didnt think about the over heating issue on long walk ins, but never done a long walk in so Im not to worried about that.

KenSmith

Post by KenSmith »

Love mine so far! I have been all over Canada in mine and so far its holding up great. Dry as a bone. Extremely comfortable, and very easy on and off.

I was actually a bit worried about the venting issues. As someone said before on long walks in other style dry suits you can pull the top down to your waist and walk in the bottoms. With the Peak one you can not do this. So if it was a moderate walk I would just open up the legs zipper all the way and I was very surprised at how comfortable I was on the walks. And as a bonus I did not have to take off my PFD and skirt like you do on the other dry suits.

On very long walks I just took off the suit and stowed it in my boat. And if you have tried on you know how fast it is to get back on. I was back in my quicker than my mates who had the old style suits, and I did not have to ask for help zipping it up. Seriously after using this style entry you have to wonder why nobody else is doing it.

Summit to Sea

Post by Summit to Sea »

KenSmith wrote:On very long walks I just took off the suit and stowed it in my boat.
This seemed the obvious solution to me

I believe, Peak UK have applied for a patent on this idea, good luck to them, it's very innovative.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Is there a link to the suit, and this special way of putting it on/off?

RVabdn

Post by RVabdn »

Richard Veitch

Adrian Shanahan

Post by Adrian Shanahan »

Hey,

I was just searching for that very same clip Richard. I've only seen two of these suits and these were protype models as opposed to the ones they are selling to the public. What I will say is the X4 fabric Peak are currently using is the shit. Works super well and nice and robust / warm for UK style boating. I haven't worn one so can comment on chafing, but I would find it hard to believe that Peak UK would put a garment that has been in the pipeline for 3+ odd years into production if it knew it would chafe loads of people.

My one concern is the length of the Tzip and the location, just having that much zip around your legs where you may be climbing up rocks rubbing of thing sits a little uneasy with me. This maybe down to the fact I'm not a huge fan of the plastic zips, I can really see this bit of kit ruling the roost in the Sea Kayaking market but will wait and see as to how they hold up to the river bank environment.

I loved their 08 Creek Cag and wish them every success with the dry suit.

Adrian

David Fairweather

Post by David Fairweather »

It's worth mentioning that the zip on the Peak suit isn't a Tzip, although I can't remember what the name of the zip is off the top of my head. From playing with the zip, it's far more flexible than a Tzip, so chaffing shouldn't be aproblem at all.

mole

Post by mole »

Sort of right. It's the TiZip Masterseal same manufacturer, different design.

http://www.tizip.com/
Sometimes it's just too much effor......aughhh

Summit to Sea

Post by Summit to Sea »

Adrian Shanahan wrote: What I will say is the X4 fabric Peak are currently using is the shit.
Could probably do with a bold on the second 'the', I misread that and thought WTF???

Or perhaps I should read a little slower?

;-)

Ricks-Freestyle-Mind

Post by Ricks-Freestyle-Mind »

Lancs_lad wrote:
Is this from experience? Or you just presuming? I dont even notice it, in or out of boat. I didnt think about the over heating issue on long walk ins, but never done a long walk in so Im not to worried about that.
Just a presumption, not really looked at the suit properly, I'm sure it's great, will see what people say in a year or two.

Elements

Post by Elements »

Not to sure how good the Peak suit is but I have just started using my Nookie Assassin Dry suit and am loving it... its awesome

As with all things I would suggest you shop around before shelling out the £££

heather.rock

Post by heather.rock »

Just wondered if anyone had some more up to date feedback on the dry suit? Is it durable, dry, has it lasted the 3 years? Would you buy another one?
Cheers.

Nedders

Post by Nedders »

Had mine for 12 months now and it is awesome. Very comfortable, you will never notice the zip, even in a cramped playboat its still not an issue. Very dry never noticed any water leaking in even when it has been in the water most of the day on wwsr.
After its being used twice a week all through the winter it is still like new.
If you buy one you will not regret it.
Yes i would buy another.
Nick Newman.

Michael Hatton

Post by Michael Hatton »

Mines 2 and a bit years old.
Good points, no zip across your back just like a cag, decent colour, re-inforced fabric bomber, top 1/2 is ace
Bad points, Zip has worn through knees fabric, gone through fabric on shins on one leg very thin.

The zip isn't so much an issue for long walkins. Could have a poo if required when having the trots.

If its for UK paddling just buy a typhoon for the 3 year warrenty.
Mine doesn't owe me anything but probably wouldn't buy another

p.r.unicycles

Post by p.r.unicycles »

i wear mine in a playboat with a bow thruster which is probably the only time you may be likely to get chaffing...i never have. Perfect for the few among us with a colostomy bag.
Pete @ P&H sea kayaks

sprintpaddler

Post by sprintpaddler »

I only last w/e checked out the 2012 PeakUK Creek drysuit at Paddleworks in Llangollen, & was impressed with the quality of materials & construction. Since it`s introduction a couple of years ago the suit seems to have had many good reviews on these pages, & the main concern regarding the long TiZip, & it`s location doesn`t seem to have been an issue with most. Think I`d give one a go.

Ross M

Post by Ross M »

I had the prototype when they first came out a few years ago and I still use the one piece.

No chaffing at all and no restrictions on movement

Fabric is bomber and durable good for thorns, and sticks and other areas that you may find causes abrasions on suits.

It is heavier than other suits compared to say kokatat, but this I don't find this as an issue.

Ross

Boop

Post by Boop »

I'm currently borrowing one from a good friend and I have just done a 3 day WRT course with swims every day on top of a few days open boating with swims. Despite being a couple of years old and fairly well used it was bone dry throughout.

It has 4 layer robust fabric but feels very flexible and unrestrictive in use. The lack of zip across the shoulders makes it just like wearing the Creek jacket (which I own and love) and the zip around the legs, which orginally I was a little sceptical about, is dry and functional.

I am going to buy one just as soon as Peak Uk get some more in, having sold through most sizes.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”