WW coaching question for the ladies

Inland paddling
AnnieC

WW coaching question for the ladies

Post by AnnieC »

Hi,

I'm wondering do any of the ladies have recommendations for some WW coaching... specifically coaching to gain the skill set for and paddling comfortably on Grade 4 for someone who is confident on Grade 3 and wants to be just as confident on G4. My paddling for the last year what with ridiculously long dry spells and an active club to run has involved mostly instructing and no more than G3 runs for too long... so I was thinking if I can take time off college at some point this summer or early autumn I'd like to get some coaching that will help me make the most of having paddling time back from September.

No rescue stuff or ropework just personal paddling skills is sort of what I'm looking for, and any advice at all or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

buck197

Re: WW coaching question for the ladies

Post by buck197 »

Try Lowri Davies at Flow Free, excellent coach and definitely knows her stuff, I don't believe you will be disappointed.

http://www.flowfree.co.uk/
Brian Taylor
Paddle Pirates

Simon Westgarth

Post by Simon Westgarth »

Also consider Deb Pinniger for her vast coaching expertise and phenomenal paddling ability, she is in resident in the French Alps for June and July this Summer with Gene17.

peteri

Post by peteri »

Another vote for FlowFree - they've been coaching my (now) 15 year old daughter for a year.

Massive difference, not only in paddling progression, but also general happiness and confidence on the water.

Pete

BaldockBabe

Post by BaldockBabe »

Another vote for Flowfree. As a club we have had both Lowri and Jono as coaches and both are great.

AnnieC

Post by AnnieC »

Thank you, I live in Ireland but will be in the French Alps in June so coaching there might be easier to organise than in Wales (though Wales is nearer!) but it's great to have different options.

Dizzykayaker

Post by Dizzykayaker »

I did a progressive white water course with gene 17 in December 2007. It really focused on my skills and what I needed to do to progress. I really benefited from it!
Contra to all these posts the instructor was male, Paul (Cheesy) Robertson, so don't feel that only ladies can really teach ladies. That aside Lowri at Flowfree has given me some excellent pointers without even getting me in a boat!

paddledragger

Post by paddledragger »

buck197 wrote:Try Lowri Davies at Flow Free, excellent coach and definitely knows her stuff, I don't believe you will be disappointed.

http://www.flowfree.co.uk/

Another vote for Lowri from me. Did a whitewater improvers with her last year and I have just booked on the womens confidence booster as well. Excellent womens coach, very patient and understanding, and needed to be with me!!! and really looks after you. She is very definitely worth making the trip for and is a really top girl both on and off the water, very pleasant. 11 out of 10 all the way and totally committed to helping the sport. Outstanding.

Jax

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”