project 52

Inland paddling
boater_nick

project 52

Post by boater_nick » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi boaters
Im wanting a new playboat and have been looking at the project 52!
has anyone got any good feed back on them or is there other better contenders

Gromit :D

Re: project 52

Post by Gromit :D » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:10 pm

I have a project 52 and I love it!
Its very 'poppy' for looping and the liek, its short but rapid fast and carves niceley and dispite early misgivings I find it realy easy to roll. Im a bit on the light side for it but can still make it do what I want without damaging myself trying to shift a realy haevy slwo boat whicg is nice.
Its also super super comfy :) !
One small niggle with it though is the ratchet straps if you crank them tight stick out a bit over the cockpit rim putting pressure on your spraydeck. I dont know if itll go through but I have 2 little dents on my spraydeck now.
I still love it though!!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise that we cant eat money.

Native American saying

das bump

Post by das bump » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:57 pm

To my mind the best plastic playboat ever made. I have tried many and never found one i like as much as my 52!

Gareth H

Post by Gareth H » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:07 pm

As far as the current market goes there is only 2 boats that are worth considering the Project range and the Star range. Both are fantastic boats and have advantages and dis- advantages on an individual basis and sizing really makes a difference as well, so just demo and make your own choice from the feel and response you get on the water.

I would say the Star range has the edge for me, but thats my choice and the reason why I think it has the edge, is probably the reason why someone may not like it.

Demo Demo Demo

Cheers

Gareth

SwamP

Post by SwamP » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:10 pm

Got the P62 and find it the most comfortable playboat I've ever sat in...I've sat in loads.

I hear the P52 is waaay better than the P62 which has hidden it's ON switch from gumbies...a USP in my book!

You won't go wrong in one put it that way
Lets not try to understand each other. Thanks.

boater_nick

Post by boater_nick » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:19 pm

Thanks for your views guys Im off to the outdoor show next weekend so should get chance to demo some boats (or at least sit in some)

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”