The Big Ted Piper Thread

Inland paddling
Dug

Re: The Big Ted Piper Thread

Post by Dug »

clarky999 wrote:I never have... And I think the only person who I've paddled with who could be described as getting around would be Jon Warwick? Although I did NEARLY go paddling with Ol...
Yeah I've paddled with Warwick and Rob in the back ground so theres another link for you ;-)

lyndon

Post by lyndon »

I paddled with Ted this May in Italy, and previously in 2007 in Italy.

Simon Westgarth

Post by Simon Westgarth »

Only the other day, during a moment of mild expense did Ted order coffee, which when helping a friend in a restaurant in Italy, I ended up serving Ted his moment of decadence. I can report he was very grateful for such high brow service.

In theme with his adventures on a shoe string, I also imparted prime knowledge on the path back to the UK avoiding all the tolls and obtaining cheap diesel at €0.88 a litre en route. Now Ted is back in the UK with his broken boat, and in dire need of employment, so if you have a job for an inventive chap, Ted is your man, and try and get him if you can......

Tedpiper

Post by Tedpiper »

simon d westgarth wrote:Only the other day, during a moment of mild expense did Ted order coffee, which when helping a friend in a restaurant in Italy, I ended up serving Ted his moment of decadence. I can report he was very grateful for such high brow service.
Yes to my surprise the coffee was good :-)

simon d westgarth wrote:In theme with his adventures on a shoe string, I also imparted prime knowledge on the path back to the UK avoiding all the tolls and obtaining cheap diesel at €0.88 a litre en route.
The route took 17 hours of driving from Sesia to Calais and was well worth the extra few hours for the pennies it saved.
It also saved us €90 on italian/french tolls and almost €30 for the mont blonc tunnel which is a nice saving of over £100.
In a VW transporter the total cost to get to the UK (including €49 ferry) was €150 for 2 people - bargain.
If you are driving to Italy this year I can recommend this route.
If you are heading that way you will be interested in this...http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/foru ... 10&t=50390
simon d westgarth wrote:Now Ted is back in the UK with his broken boat, and in dire need of employment, so if you have a job for an inventive chap, Ted is your man, and try and get him if you can......
Yes indeed I am back in sunny UK with a broken boat and I am in dire need of employment - http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/foru ... 10&t=44252

rich gunton

Post by rich gunton »

Saw Ted. AKA Tedi Knight, in France at the begining of April and then Italy this week.

DanH

Post by DanH »

We have an article by Ted about his recent adventures in Corsica and Italy on Double2D...

Check it out here. Looks like the boy has been having lots of fun, the lucky git!

Tedpiper

Post by Tedpiper »

Bad things to say at an interview...
The second gag...

errr, hmmm...

Corran

Post by Corran »

Who's Ted Piper?

DanH

Post by DanH »

Corran wrote:Who's Ted Piper?
Have you ever seen Fight Club? Ted is the Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt) to my Narrator (Edward Norton)......

[quote="Ted "Tyler Durden" Piper"]All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I f**k like you wanna f**k, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.[/quote]

ziehmstephen

Post by ziehmstephen »

Not the Mr Ted 'gay gath' Piper;-)

Pick me pick me, I have I have!!!!! Wonderful times in Norge on the big Wet Naked Huck, some good memories in this thread, drinking so much Statoil winer malange as to make oneself sick and getting naked at the Train Station of Train Station section fame.

We even had very similar vans, Romeo andJuliette the love buses...now...what do I win?! :-)
Carpe Diem

Luckylu

Post by Luckylu »

I Love Ted Piper now xxx He's my hero!

Ben Nuttall

Post by Ben Nuttall »

I haven't paddled with Ted Piper yet but I have stopped off at his house for a cup of tea and a chat on route from Sheffield to Dover on our way to the Alps.

Hope you get better soon Mr. Piper!

banzer

Post by banzer »

Was 'youtubeing' New Zealnd boating and stumbled across this ... it's probably been posted before, but it just goes to show. Caution- mild language.
PS. Hope you're feeling better Tedi.
A. Boater wrote:It's all Pierre's fault
www.neviscanoes.co.uk

BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Word has it that Ted is not really ill and has been away scouting the site Tyler Bradt's world waterfall record!

Phil

banzer

Post by banzer »

BigPhil wrote:Word has it that Ted is not really ill and has been away scouting the site Tyler Bradt's world waterfall record!

Phil
As Tyler Bradt is 7 foot tall and Ted only 5, if (when) Ted paddles that fall he will effectively have increased the record by 7/5 = 1.4. Therefore 186 feet x 1.4 = 260 feet. Go Ted!!
A. Boater wrote:It's all Pierre's fault
www.neviscanoes.co.uk

SwamP

Post by SwamP »

Lets not try to understand each other. Thanks.

mharrall

Post by mharrall »

Tea Boy Tom wrote:Some say Ted once beat a man to death with his own shoes...
He sounds like the Stig. Is he the Stig?

I've never met or paddled with Ted, but it seems that Ted has paddled with someone called James, and james has paddled with Tea Boy Tom, and Tea Boy Tom has coached me old mate Mike Pamela Napier, so I'm 4 connections away. That's quite a lot.
Martin

Barny P

Post by Barny P »

That makes me 5 :)
Barny P

Performance Kayaks

Post by Performance Kayaks »

I have recently met Ted, and he's not big but he is well known, by all the people who keep talking to him whilst he's trying to eat.

John N

Post by John N »

I've never met TED PIPER. But I'm pretty sure I might have seen some of the blokes who probably have.

NIG

Post by NIG »

I hugged Ted today!! ;o)

Paul Stewart

Post by Paul Stewart »

I met Ted Piper at Pyranhafest, I never thought he existed and this was a spoof thread! I have seen him at WWPF too with a friend of mine who put together a great vid starring The Ted Piper:

Enjoy!
Paul

Dwarf

Post by Dwarf »

Having finally been introduced to Ted at WWPF by mutual friend DanH I at last had the pleasure of sharing a river with this previously mythical superhero at Pyranha Fest.

It's a massive relief to finally reach the pinnacle of our sport.

naefearjustbeer

Post by naefearjustbeer »

I have not had the pleasure of paddling with Ted (yet) but he made me a cup of tea last week after we had gone out mountain biking and this week I returned the favour and made him a cup of tea after another mountain bike ride. If it rains I may well get a chance to paddle with him but it is not looking likely at the moment!

Dave Manby

Post by Dave Manby »

Is Ted Piper the new Stig?

hardy

Post by hardy »

I'd forgotten about this thread.I paddled with Ted in Italy,and saw him on the Lyn recently,offered to buy him a coffee whilst in the pub afterward and he refused!I think he thought i might expect one back.

WRK

Post by WRK »

Ted taught me how to approach Italian women.

Liam Kirkham

hardy

Post by hardy »

As i recall you don't need much help in that department.

Jamieru

Post by Jamieru »

I spent wwpf 2010 with Ted Piper done a few rivers with him, was rescued by him after a deck implosion, done a lot of dancing with him and I was very proudly with him at dinner in fort bill when "Tedwear" his very own clothing line was born!

J

Mark Allen

Post by Mark Allen »

You Tart Liam!!!

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”