Pyranha Stunt Bat kayak (too small)

Inland paddling
neilos

Pyranha Stunt Bat kayak (too small)

Post by neilos »

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to post.
I have been using a Pyranha Stunt Bat kayak for river trips. I am about 5ft 9/10 " tall. After a couple of hours paddling I find the kayak somewhat cramped and my feet feel almost numb - the kayak seems too small. I have adjusted the foot rest as far back as possible.
Can anyone recommend a kayak for river trips (not too challenging) that is a bit roomier. Id like to buy something secondhand that is not too expensive as it will spend a lot of time alone at campsites and on the side of my van.
Grateful for any thoughts.

Adrian Shanahan

Re: Pyranha Stunt Bat kayak (too small)

Post by Adrian Shanahan »

Hi there Neilos,

There are a huge amount of kayaks out there that you would fit in, almost way too many to list. I'm guessing you are looking for something cheap and cherefull so I would suggest go to the buy and sell section, say you are looking for a GP boat give your budget and see what you are offered. From there if you like the boat and can sit in it happily you are on to a winner.

One thing on your numb legs/feet, this is most often caused by being tight at your hips and not actually in the foot space. Perhaps this is something you could check out in you boat.

Any more questions just fire em up, people will always be more than happpy to try help you out.

Adiran

Wilf

Post by Wilf »

Neilos,

Adrian has given some top advice.

Some cheaper boats that will give you some room, but are not too out dated and can be found very often try;

Wavesport Z or X SH value around £270.00
Necky Jive SH value around £230.00
Pyranha Acro 300 SH value around £200.00
Perception Method Air SH value around £285.00
Perception ARC SH value around £270

I know of a couple of each for sale around here (the North East) so drop me a PM if you think I can help.

Wilf
Pyranha
Mitchell Blades
kayak coach . co . uk

Edwindle

Post by Edwindle »

I know I always suggest this, but what about an InaZone. There are plenty for sale around the £200 mark. Great boat and should be able to get a size that fits you perfectly.
Edwin Runagle.

Life's short, paddle hard.

neilos

Post by neilos »

Thanks for all the advice I'll start searching on ebay.
Neilos

Randy Fandango

Post by Randy Fandango »

Hi Neilos.
I'd suggest going along to a club if you aren't already a member of one and perhaps trying out a few boats instead of just buying another boat you haven't actually sat in.
I'm sure many clubs have a fair selection of the kind of boats you're likely to then have a chance of finding 2nd hand.
At the risk of completing UKRGB bingo, I have to say -- try before you buy!
Giles

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”