Kober Paddles

Inland paddling
James Frize

Kober Paddles

Post by James Frize » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:38 pm

Where can I buy some Kober paddles in th UK?
Anyone got experience of these paddles?

Cheers

Terryg

Post by Terryg » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:51 pm

ChrisMac

Post by ChrisMac » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:06 pm

Ive been using Kober Carvings for a couple of years and they are great. They are really light but powerful and have very little flutter in the water which is ideal for playing or in the surf. The only downside is that they are not designed for being bounced off rocks in the creeks. If you want ones that will stand up to that then look at the platinum's as they are built for that role.

Their range is vast so take your pick on the weight / strength line that you are happy with

ChrisMac

Diamond Dave

Post by Diamond Dave » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:27 pm

ChrisMac wrote:If you want ones that will stand up to that then look at the platinum's as they are built for that role.
I currently have the Spirits and really like these.
However, for the same weight, I would probably go for the Control Platinum's next time. The blades have a thick Aluminium Tip so can take a good bashing with-out wearing down.
As ChrisMac says though:
Their range is vast so take your pick on the weight / strength line that you are happy with
Dave Burne
Full Facers - the way forward!
http://www.fourbordersexpedition.com

Matt S

Post by Matt S » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:33 pm

I had Kober Control's for 3.5 year and found them to be a great paddle and really hard wearing. I only stopped using them because one day I some how managed to snap the aluminium tip off one blade.

I now paddle with a lovely set of watersticks but I cut the tip off the other blade of the Kober's and reshaped both blades. They still paddle well and I now use them as a spare set.