last minuet kayak equipment

Inland paddling
paddler1010

last minuet kayak equipment

Post by paddler1010 »

LOOKING FOR ADVICE ON LOCATIONS OF KAYAK EQUIPMENT SUPPLIERS FOR LAST MIN PICKUP ON ROUTE TO BRIANCON... ANY GOOD LOCATIONS THAT WE CAN ARRANGE AS A STOP OFF ON A VERY LONG DRIVE FROM SCOTLAND?

Ricks-Freestyle-Mind

Post by Ricks-Freestyle-Mind »

Theres a decent enough shop at Embrun. Got all the top names. Might work out cheaper as well with the euro.

little tim

Post by little tim »

I'm not that far away. No need to shout. <geek=flamemodeoff>

Carlilse Canoes, Desperate Measures... Depends which way you're going really.

T

mole

Post by mole »

Robin Hood Watersports is quite close to the M1 M62 junctions if you're coming down the East side.

There is also a shop in St Clement but I found their selection a little sparse when I needed some new river shoes.

Neill
Sometimes it's just too much effor......aughhh

paddler1010

ROUTE TO BRIANCON

Post by paddler1010 »

AS EXPLAINED TRAVELING TO BRIANCON FROM CENTRAL SCOTLAND TO DOVER FOR FERRY CROSSING. START OFF WITH M74 WOULD BE ABLE TO CALL AT CARLISLE CANOES ON ROUTE.ON DOWN M6 SOUTHM BUT NOT SURE OF ROUTE THEREAFTER. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GOOD?

Dave @ TRC

Post by Dave @ TRC »

Thers one in ebrum by the wave and one just after the rab next to the slarlom course as the road crosses the durance its on the right and there both on the ebrum to briancon road.

Dave
Suicide is man's way of telling God, "You can't fire me - I quit."

WWW.THERIVERCREW.CO.UK

davebrads

Post by davebrads »

UK Canoes at Lancaster is only about 5 minutes drive off the M6.

Jim

Post by Jim »

I would recommend UK canoes for the handiness of the location, but it seems pointless since your post will be deleted later for failing to follow the only rule on the site, even after someone tried to draw your attention to it. It's not rocket science, if you read this before it goes you can click on edit and change the case of all the letters that don't start sentences.

Jim

herbert

Post by herbert »

please use CAPITALS
Although it may not be in the spirit of the rules he certainly is following them to the letter ;-)

RichA

Post by RichA »

I'm gonna get deafened in the Alps this year!

Adam Carey

Post by Adam Carey »

I'd have to say RobinHood Watersports 10 minutes off the M1, there selection is top notch, and very friendly to boot. Obviously depends on what route you would take but if I were you then Id be coming down the M1 or A1 anyway.

thustler

Post by thustler »

I would also reccomend ROHO if your going that way, really helpful people there and a great choice!

Jones Chris

Post by Jones Chris »

Kent Canoe services in Wrotham has most stuff and is just off the M20 in Kent.

Nice guys too!

bib_bob_euroslap

Post by bib_bob_euroslap »

Whitewater The canoe centre in Shepperton is probably about 15 mins off the M25!

paddler1010

Post by paddler1010 »

Jim wrote:I would recommend UK canoes for the handiness of the location, but it seems pointless since your post will be deleted later for failing to follow the only rule on the site, even after someone tried to draw your attention to it. It's not rocket science, if you read this before it goes you can click on edit and change the case of all the letters that don't start sentences.

Jim

paddler1010

Post by paddler1010 »

Sorry for poor diction,spelling and use of capital letters but this was a quick note requesting information from fellow paddlers. To infringe any rules or cause any offence was not my intention. Thanks to all who answered my question for the advice relating to best location of suppliers on route to Briancon... I will now be off to try and learn the correct use of the computer key board...............Any spelling or incorrect use of language please do not hesitate to correct.

morsey

Post by morsey »

Just wait till you get to France and try using a French keyboard, QWERTY it is not!

Westy

Post by Westy »

The shop by the Embrun Wave appears to have closed down.

banzer

Post by banzer »

What's the longest word that can be spelled using only the top row of a standard QWERTY keyboard?
(Bored, obviously)
A. Boater wrote:It's all Pierre's fault
www.neviscanoes.co.uk

paddler1010

Post by paddler1010 »

Westy wrote:The shop by the Embrun Wave appears to have closed down.
We were advised that embrun shop was closed due to the birth of the owners baby. This info came from locals, after asking when the shop would open.

Lou Clutton

Post by Lou Clutton »

Don't know about the shop by the Embrun wave but the shop in St Clement is open (well, was last week anyway!)

morsey

Post by morsey »

The Holiday shop at St Clement seemed to have all the essentials. If they dont do quality footwear there is intersport in Embrum, through the Town down the hill passed Wonderland/reeves wave over bridge and right at RAB. Or Decathlon have specials on for Salomon Raid shoes (Not too dissimilar to Teva Sun Kosi, but with knobbly tread). Calais & St Omer have shops just after the ferry or I think Gap is the closest Decathlon to Briancon (Plus there was water in the Drac so head south after Grenoble and goto Gap and Embrum and St. Clement to Arrive in Briancon a little late but having paddled and shopped!

mattclarke

Post by mattclarke »

banzer wrote:What's the longest word that can be spelled using only the top row of a standard QWERTY keyboard?
(Bored, obviously)
typewriter

banzer

Post by banzer »

Correct! Good eh.
A. Boater wrote:It's all Pierre's fault
www.neviscanoes.co.uk

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”