Where to buy a used boat in France?

Inland paddling
Pete

Where to buy a used boat in France?

Post by Pete »

Anyone got any ideas on where to buy a boat (secondhand) near the med?

Looking for something small and playboatish, Dominatrix etc?

Any advice accepted with my undying thanks!

Steve B

Re: Where to buy a used boat in France?

Post by Steve B »

If you can get to the Durance area, the shops in Embrun and L'Argentière La Bessée sell the occasional used boat. Expensive though, as I recall.

Steve B.

Rusty

Post by Rusty »

The wonderland shop in Embrum is your better bet of the two Steve has mentioned not so much for second hand but they were selling quite a few ex demo boats last summer. They were all pretty good nick as they had only been used in the hole just by the shop, they were a bit more expensive but they had a disco for about 300quid. That was last summer but they may still have stuff around.

Try wonderland.net I think or if its not just search for Embrum and wonderland and you'll get the site and you could always give them a mail to see if they have anything.

Mike J Kelly

Post by Mike J Kelly »

Why would you want to buy a second-hand boat in France? They are far more expensive - I paddled with a french friend who was delighted with his new second-hand 'solde' inazone. He had paid more than a new one over here!
You will also get a far better choice over here.

Buy here and ship out or get someone travellin to bring it out for you Pete.

Mike

Poke

Dom???

Post by Poke »

Hi,
Carrying on the thread of the previous post, I am trying to sell this Dom 47. Although in London at the moment I'm coming over to Lyon/St Etienne in May for a few days and may be able to bring it over with me.
Even if not, flights to london from Montpellier (thats on the med isn't it) are going for as little as £11, so may well be worth a visit?? ;-)
Tim

Pete

Why?

Post by Pete »

Mike,
I've just been checking out shipping a Dom to France for one of my students (hence teh question!)

Cheapest we found was £200 one way and a lot more to bring it back!!

Poke

Fly youself

Post by Poke »

If you fly yourself then a return ticket can be as little as £15, getting the boat on the plane (last time I tried on a ryan air flight) was about £15 per boat (classed as sporting equipment)...

Not only cheaper than £200, you get a day in the UK aswell! :-) Bargin!

Stronze

Re: Fly youself

Post by Stronze »

Erm,

I you are flying Ryan ar, the "sporting equipment charge" is actually a handlers charge for the ground crew handling of bulky items. If you say "I'll ask the ground crew people(security) when the boat goes through the X-Ray machine" and then just wander off, usually nothing is said.

This has worked with RyanAir, EasyJet and Go (when they used to exist) the benevolent party is actually serviceair, who fortunately work at Stanstead, Luton and Bristol, plus some of the destinations, but them's in foriegn parts - so don't usually care anyway.

Neil

britfrog

used boat in France

Post by britfrog »

Try accessing the http://www.eauxvives.org site (the froggie equivalent of here). Alternatively give Bruno at KWA in Lyon a bell, he often has secondhand boats in that tend to change regularly (http://www.kwa.fr), and he's not far from Hawaii sur Rhône so you can try it out straightaway!

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”