Companies that rock

Inland paddling
yurper

Re: Companies that rock

Post by yurper » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:02 am

A BIG UP,
for Matt & Richard at Outdoor Active, better kown as www.canoeandkayakstore.co.uk

Simple things like always answering the phone and having a chat before asking you what you want.

If they don't have it in stock, they'll tell when they will and when you'll get it.

Then doing their very best to make sure that you get it on time and in the right place.

I'm based in Scotland and choose to use these guys because IMO there service and attitude is second to none!
Get busy living or get busy dying...
Pain is glory

morsey

Post by morsey » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:56 am

Norway.com, for sending us some of their white stuff. Fat Face, for providing the waterproof duvet fit for a cycle home across town in a snow storm. Catatonia and Tom Jones for providing the forecast and seasonal tunes to aid my journey. Road side vendors making mulled wine and roast chestnuts to serve up that big city aroma. Peter Kay for jazzing up the M&S advertising Hoardings. The Coca Cola lorry for driving safely passed me, with lights flashing, Santa Smiling and jingles resonating. Jeagermeister for warming the heart at journey's end. :-)

adamheason

Post by adamheason » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:31 am

Rapid Kayaks http://www.rapidkayaks.co.uk/

Finaly a place to get Snapdragon spraydecks from in the UK. Also the service is spot on, i enquired about the item i wanted being in stock, and got a very quick reply. The i ordered the item on a sunday night and it was with me first thing tuesday morning :D AND.... the postage was free because the order was over £50, they even sent me some free stickers.

Exelent service! The way it should be!

Adam

heather.rock

Post by heather.rock » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:59 am

Ditto for Kent Canoes... they are Amazing.. sooo soo soo helpfull (esp for such a small company!!!)
When I was out to buy my first bits of kit.. they spent ages helping me.. even showing me the best ways to get a cag on and off! And then helped me find and fit a suitable helmet... and now I go there seeking demo boats couldn't be better there! Even down to changing the foot plates and stuff so I fit it well and explaining what the boats are like such as rails and rockers lol
:)

BurrsRunner

Post by BurrsRunner » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Another big thumbs-up for LOMO.
Really helpful, polite and friendly. Great gear without the high price tags of the 'name' brands. Better than average postal charges. Ordered my Renegade drysuit and Element fleece undersuit at around 2:30 one afternoon and received it by around 10:00 the next morning. I can't really ask for better service than that...unless they want to sponsor a nameless Saturday morning grade 2 paddler...LOL

Ricks-Freestyle-Mind

Post by Ricks-Freestyle-Mind » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Another Big thumbs up to Robon Hood again for some new roof bar pads. Ace.

Kayak-Bloke

Post by Kayak-Bloke » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:57 am

Big shout out to CIWW.

A paddling buddy of mine popped there when the big freeze was on but found it all very quiet. He asked if it was cancelled and they said no if you want to paddle we'll switch the pumps on, we were just seeing if anyone turns up.
He explained that he lives really close by so it was no big deal but they said it wasn't a problem.
So he put his kit on and they started the course... just for him!
Some of the guys working there got on too and much fun was had having snow ball fights on way down.

How's that for customer service!? The course openend for 1 paddler! I'm not saying it's a business model they would want to follow every day but you have to admire their commitment to the paddler!

Nice one CIWW :-)

Nugz

Post by Nugz » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:43 am

Sue's Canoes! Not only did I get a cup of tea but a 'gourmet' meat feast from the burger shack over the road! 3 burgers, 3 bits of bacon, 2 jumbo sausages and onions in half a french stick!

paddletastic2

Post by paddletastic2 » Fri May 27, 2011 8:05 pm

Desperate Measures, Prompt help. Good service. Great advice.

waynebrown

Post by waynebrown » Fri May 27, 2011 8:42 pm

CIWW again, i did my Level 1 Raft guide training there last weekend and im glad i did, the course was fantastic, very informative and we all (the group) managed to get in some pretty decent stick time, the course was broken down into easy and manageable sections so that learning was made really simple

10/10 for the course, i would recommend it to anyone

janet brown

Post by janet brown » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Palm

Posted my cag for a new neck seal last Tuesday. Phone call received this Monday to say it was done. Phoned Tuesday to pay, and received it today: beautifully repaired with the extra stitching around the outer neck done as well for no extra cost.

Many thanks Palm! Think I might need it this weekend as the weather doesn't look good enough for shortie cag!

Janet

wezzzy

Post by wezzzy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:21 pm

janet brown wrote:Palm

Posted my cag for a new neck seal last Tuesday. Phone call received this Monday to say it was done. Phoned Tuesday to pay, and received it today: beautifully repaired with the extra stitching around the outer neck done as well for no extra cost.

Many thanks Palm! Think I might need it this weekend as the weather doesn't look good enough for shortie cag!

Janet
Did you go direct to Palm or through someone else?
I was told Palm wouldn't do my seal without sending it to the people I bought it from.

Kev W

Post by Kev W » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:09 pm

CIWW for me too!
Only been once yet as its a long way but I was so impressed with the attitude and service from everybody there. Everyone was so helpful and they all seemed proud of the facility and to be working there. Excellant place, Ill be back soon :-)

freddie

Post by freddie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:05 am

wezzzy wrote:Did you go direct to Palm or through someone else?
I was told Palm wouldn't do my seal without sending it to the people I bought it from.
Palm have always done them straight off for me, give them a ring/email as they're very helpful.
In a similar tone, I emailed them about a broken seat in my Nomad, and a new one turned up the next day. Couldn't ask for more.
Lee Royle
Adventure Blog

banzer

Post by banzer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:52 am

PALM always good service with new seals
CIWW had a wicked stag do there goofing around in duckies, very well run
MITCHELL PADDLES Lance seems a nice bloke
BROOKBANK just good all round really plus Kev works there and he always cheers you up
A. Boater wrote:It's all Pierre's fault
www.neviscanoes.co.uk

janet brown

Post by janet brown » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:54 am

wezzzy wrote: Did you go direct to Palm or through someone else?
Yup, went straight to Palm, but its not under any guarantee as its several years old.
Have a look at their website: Palm Returns

Janet

buck197

Post by buck197 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Miss Brown, you will have to woman up as its shorty cag season lol x
Brian Taylor
Paddle Pirates

janet brown

Post by janet brown » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:51 pm

buck197 wrote:Miss Brown, you will have to woman up as its shorty cag season lol x
I do agree with you in theory Mr Buck, but doing my first slalom in p*ssing rain in a shorty cag wasn't much fun.
However the result was :-)

Janet

canoegnu

Post by canoegnu » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:40 am

Active Nation at Woodmill OAC in Southampton.

They're a really friendly bunch of people doing great value courses and they have the best canoe shop in our area as well. I've done courses with them and also bought several boats and quite a bit of equipment from them over the years. In my experience, they will always go out of their way to help you if they can. Woodmill is a great resource for paddlers in the South (.....before you ask, no, I'm not on the payroll !).

Recently, I've been training a group of Explorer Scouts to do a bronze DofE expedition by kayak and the guys at Woodmill have given us loads of help, from loaning touring kayaks to letting us use their lake for training. Their help has made a massive difference to the experience for the youngsters.

Cheers,

Ian

HarryWats0n

Post by HarryWats0n » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:17 pm

System X - possibly deserve the award for best customer service ever. A little while back my dog decided to have a munch on the lining on my sweet rocker. A phone call to system x to explain the situation, and it was in the post on a Thursday. Saturday morning, it was back to me, fixed! - Absolutely fantastic service, cheers guys.

Alec Ferris

Post by Alec Ferris » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Life Is Good :)
http://www.lifeisgood.com/product-detai ... /men/tops/

Also Reed, for their awesome thermals.
Hey don't worry, jus' live 'til ya die- QOTSA

Tom*S

Post by Tom*S » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:30 pm

I just thought that I would put a good word in for performance kayaks who replaced my seals deck with a brand new one when the rand had failed in places, excellent customer service. I have also been impressed by Alpkit and their rapid delivery of a new sleeping bag and bivvy bag, their gamma torch has also been awesome.

Tom
Tom Strongman

BaldockBabe

Post by BaldockBabe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Perception - I emailed on Sunday evening asking where I could get replacement screw bits from and by this morning they had sent me some. Very quick and very friendly service :-)

Jon317

Post by Jon317 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:51 pm

Wetsuit Outlet- Went there today, have just moved in to there new premises and still sorting out the new place, but still found time to help with what i wanted :)
btw the new place has proper changing rooms, very snazzy :P
Nookie xtream dry trousers, £116.99 happy with that

Jon

lofty276

Post by lofty276 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:20 pm

I second the Wetsuit Outlet, always been really helpful and have good stock levels so never have to wait around for stuff to come in, plus my Plam Drysuit came with a free all in one fleece, didn't realise until he handed it to me,
'but i didn't order that' I said,
'no i comes with it' he said
'Awesome' i said haha

Rob

hardy

Post by hardy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:50 pm

CIWW.Agree with all above.Especially friendly.They run over you in a raft and take the time to apologise.Good team.

Ron is good in Canoekayak shop to.

windy miller

Post by windy miller » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:43 am

DAGGER - top boats and even topper customer service. I bought an Axiom to replace my Mamba recently. Top boat, but it had a problem with the hull being slightly concave at the stern. I got in touch with ROBINHOOD WATERSPORTS, the top shop who sold me the boat and within a couple of days agreement had been reached to swap the boat for a new one. DAGGER were even happy for me to carry on paddling until the new one was ready - a trip to France, albeit a gentle family holiday.

So, hats off and three cheers to both DAGGER and ROBINHOOD WATERSPORTS. Hurrah.

Cheers, Windy

m_kittle

Post by m_kittle » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:07 pm

I've just bought some Select W1 paddles from Fire It Up.

They're customer service has been amazing. I spent the whole day at the Washburn demoing paddles and then afterwards they were really helpful when I was deciding exactly what I wanted and they've kept me informed about when it was ordered/made/delivered to them and then posted to me.

Just thought they deserved a mention for being so helpful

slowstroke

Post by slowstroke » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:08 pm

Mitchell Blades, if there needs to be a template for 'Customer Service', this company has it, replaced a shaft on a paddle that generally would have been out of Warranty a long way back. Excellent service.

rjbinns

Post by rjbinns » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Got to put a mention in here for Whitewater Consultancy. I was on my way back to uni yesterday but running a bit late, the shop stayed open late for me to pick up my boat and were in no rush when I got there so I was able to look around and get a few other bits and pieces I needed as well.
They are always really helpful in there and very friendly.

http://www.wwc.co.uk/

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”