Companies that rock

Inland paddling
buck197

Re: Companies that rock

Post by buck197 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:34 pm

11 month and three week old Palm Sidewinder dry suit developed leaking socks, returned to Palm who replaced socks under warranty no quibble and back to me within 10 days, cheers easy. Awesome company and awesome service.
Brian Taylor
Paddle Pirates

itchy

Post by itchy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:44 pm

Canoesportcoaching /Joe Jordan

Brilliant weekend doing wwsr in wales, informative, relevant and fun for all despite the freezing temperatures and the onset of snow

Would happily do courses with again, and plan to!

Ben

Little Joe

Post by Little Joe » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:20 pm

System X. A three day turn around on my Rocker, very helpful on the phone and some banter on my packaging method - using an empty crate of beer and returned with 'Fosters is for GIRLS xxx' written on the front.

Pete Baars at Summit to Sea on Anglesey. Going out of his way to help us out and being a really good chap who stocks a large range of goods, well worth a visit.

Thanks guys.

box2k2

Post by box2k2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:17 pm

Pyranha / Kayaks North West
http://www.kayaksnorthwest.co.uk/
http://www.pyranha.com/

Sticking their hand up when I phoned looking for a replacement thigh brace from my 4ish year old Burn, and replacing both under warranty.

Orange Bikes
http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/main/index.php

As above, coming clean on an enquiry. Replacement updated parts on the way for my 18 month bike, under warranty.

It's been a good day!

box2k2

Post by box2k2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:04 am

Sue's Canoes
http://www.suescanoes.co.uk/

Bought a shorty from the closeout section - doesn't quite fit, but they'll get the correct size for no extra cost.

The guy was nice on the phone too. I felt like a valued customer even if it's only the second thing I've ever bought from them.

justin-g

Post by justin-g » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:19 am

box2k2 wrote:Sue's Canoes
http://www.suescanoes.co.uk/

Bought a shorty from the closeout section - doesn't quite fit, but they'll get the correct size for no extra cost.

The guy was nice on the phone too. I felt like a valued customer even if it's only the second thing I've ever bought from them.
Yup this is the same expereince i have had from Sue's canoes as well.
White water "rider"

bubbles_jonnybravo

Post by bubbles_jonnybravo » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:20 pm

These guys veho lifestyle shop

http://www.veho-lifestyleshop.com/lifes ... =camcorder

I was given a Muvi Micro Camcorder for xmas and brought a waterproof case to go with. The clip on the case has broke (a couple of times) but they have sorted it out immediately and without any fuss. Was told what was happening and I know have a few of the cases as they didn't ask for them back and have since fashioned my own clip so I just need more cameras for extra angles on a paddle.

The camera is great its easy to use and you just stick memory cards in so can take as many as you want on a river. Ok you cant zoom in but as a camera you attach to yourself or boat its great and the picture quality is really good and its a simple one button to go after you have turned it on.

Joshprosh

Post by Joshprosh » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:08 am

Paddleworks.
Been meaning to post this one for a while but I had an excellent experience with paddleworks last summer.
Our uni club was heading to the alps, a friend and I had orders some boats from paddleworks for the trip. The boats we orderd, it turns out, wern't going to be ready in time for our trip so Paddleworks, knowing we needed them for the alps went well out of their way to supply us with more expensive boats, (Burns), which we both got in time, loved them and still do.
Since we have had a couple of purchases from them like club boats and such and we always get a great deal and a fantastic buying experience and aftercare. went in today and demod a Molan, for free, which was lovely. Once again recieved a warm, friendly welcome in a fantastic environment, which is exactly what you want from a paddling shop. So Thankyou Paddleworks

TheKrikkitWars

Post by TheKrikkitWars » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:23 am

G2 Adventure - their guides agreed to go and remove trees and a deer carcass from the meig. Good staff reflect on a good company; nuff said.
ONE BLADE, ONE LOVE, [TOO] MANY PIES

Joshua Kelly

Robbie C

Post by Robbie C » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Well, I've got to say AS Watersports...

They let me demo a new Valley Aquanaut club on the canal... it was so new, it had to be unwrapped to be demoed! That was not even with the guarantee of a sale!

Anyway... I now have a very nice new boat! Thanks Guys & Gal. Robbie C. ;-)

(Mind you, I don't think I've ever had bad service from anyone to do with paddling!)

Bommy

Post by Bommy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:03 am

This guy was awesome!
http://www.beachbeatsurfboards.co.uk

Found some cheap 5mm wetsuit boots through google on here. £20, much cheaper than 'kayaking' brands even though they are exactly the same!
The guy rang me 5 days later to say he was really sorry that he'd been on holiday and the guy he'd left in charge hadn't checked online orders all week! He then told me that the he didn't have my size in the ones I'd ordered.
He offered me some £23 ones at the old price of £20, so I took them.

When they arrived the very next day, he'd upgraded them further to a £35 pair and a nice thank you note.

This was a one off buy from this guy, I live in Lancaster so won't be popping down to Cornwall any time soon, but from the service I might be popping back for other simple things like rashies etc.

Cheers Dude!
Rob Beaumont
Ex - Lancaster University Nutter

Big Henry

Post by Big Henry » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:44 pm

http://www.chillcheater.com/

Reed Chillcheaters. I received a top from them for my birthday, and it was too small, so I thought I'd pay the tenner and have made to measure. Unfortunately that pulled under my arms too much, so I sent it back with a drawing of where I had problems, and they've sent me another m2m that fits perfectly, no questions asked. Superb service.

d.e.hill

Post by d.e.hill » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:31 pm

Canoe and Kayak Store - the shop at CIWW.

The manager Ronnie is a top bloke. Top advise, great gear and more discount than anyone else could offer (even though we just walked in!)!

shanclan

Post by shanclan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:21 am

d.e.hill wrote:Canoe and Kayak Store - the shop at CIWW.

The manager Ronnie is a top bloke. Top advise, great gear and more discount than anyone else could offer (even though we just walked in!)!
Have to agree. Also, they have now reduced the demo boat charge to £10 which is refundable if you buy a boat from them. With the slalom course right on the doorstep it is a dream set up for trying before you buy.

chykensa

Post by chykensa » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:29 pm

My local shop/manufacturer, 'Wild Things', are brilliant. Quick ,friendly, and quite happy to advise without any sale. Have bought all my kit and Dagger Charleston from them, and would go to them first off as they are 5 minutes from me and it makes such a difference seeing the kit before you buy.

Andy
Dagger Charleston 14'
Wordpress blog
Facebook

wezzzy

Post by wezzzy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:12 pm

I feel I have to pass on my little story about The Family Adventure Store.

I bought a drysuit from their EBay store, end of line and at a great price, paid the next morning and was told it would be delivered Monday.
After it didn't arrive. On Mon, Tues or Wed I called them and they said they would look into. It.
They called EVERY day for the next 5 days to keep me informed but in the end they had to admit it was lost, they couldn't stop apologising for the problem.
They then offered to send me another drysuit, the newer and more expensive version at no extra cost to me, and then offered me anything from the store upto the value of £30 as compensation for my time. The only thing I needed was £35 so I offered to pay the extra £5 but they declined it and would send it straight away.

The new drysuit was delivered today (direct from the manufacturer) and my gift should arrive in a few days.

In my opinion they went well over what I expected from them.

Its good to see some great customer service.

HarryWats0n

Post by HarryWats0n » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:40 pm

Paul R @ palm. n'uff said.

Mission

Post by Mission » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:55 pm

Zástěra composites. Cheaper than anyone else I could find for kevlar and very fast at delivering! Great to deal with.

justin-g

Post by justin-g » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:08 pm

Can i do people who rock??
Morsey + Banzer rock - they have been been painting my house!!

legend boys - cheers!!
White water "rider"

justin-g

Post by justin-g » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:01 pm

Sorry forgot Bambino - cheers to that man too.
White water "rider"

Tony Aiuto

Post by Tony Aiuto » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Chris at Rubberman,

3 working days turn around, on a none rush repair.

You deserve your excellent reputation.

Many thanks
Tony Aiuto

Cam_s

Post by Cam_s » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:32 am

Another shout out for Kent Canoes, great customer service. Good prices, and two fabulous dogs.
waiting on my new hero to get to them as we speak!

Cam

morsey

Post by morsey » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:07 pm

justin-g wrote:Morsey + Banzer rock - they have been been painting my house!!
I would like to thank the new Palm Harlequin cag for my inspiration. It is like a whole street in Balamory in just one house. :-)

paddletastic2

Post by paddletastic2 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Palm. I recently bought a drysuit. It had apparently (my understanding) slipped through quality control (although I'm still not sure it was faulty). They swaped it just to be sure. Couriered a replacement and were insistant it should come back. 5 star service.

AdurYakker

Post by AdurYakker » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Squarerock!!!!! Got a crack in my new-ish JK allstar, Aaron replaced it for free and i got a free deck to cover the costs (the replacement was a cheaper boat)

And now whenever I see Aaron at paddling events i get a smile and a conversation! What a chap!

nickkaric

Post by nickkaric » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:44 pm

Am I the only person who has been completely disappointed with Robinhood Watersports. They were great before I placed an order for equipment. Then as soon as they had my money, which apparently shouldn't have been taken until the items shipped, they were entirely useless. They ordered incorrect spec paddles from Robson, although they claim it was Robson's error, then when they finally dispatched them it was to the wrong address, which then got changed with TNT, next day, oh they have been delivered to the wrong address again, apparently TNT's fault.

Also although I understand that people get distracted when doing things, when I phoned them I was always told they would phone me back in 5 minutes, usually this meant an hour. Maybe someone from the north can confirm that a northern 5 minutes is longer than a southern 5 minutes.

I'm not impressed, probably won't use them again, I think we should go back to the time of customers meaning something to companies.

On a separate note, Brookbank Canoes, amazing, ordered some splits on the wednesday about 9pm, arrived Friday morning with the post. Fantastic well impressed

mitch

Post by mitch » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:07 pm

Roho

11am Monday, ordered a dry suit that hadn't arrived in stock yet. Hopefully I'll get it before the weekend.

6pm Tuesday wearing it in my house. Fantastic Service!

pjac

Re: Companies that rock - Valley Sea Kayaks

Post by pjac » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:03 pm

I needed some kevlar tape to repair a paddle. After speaking with Valley Sea Kayaks they not only sourced a length of tape but took it round to Desperate Measures where i had ordered the resin through so that both items could be mailed to me in the same parcel. Now that is what I call service and all for a simple thank you! I have never thought of buying a sea kayak but if I do in the future then i will certainly be giving those boys a call!

Kenny 3760

Post by Kenny 3760 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:02 am

Another shout out for Aaron at Squarerock.

Great service and deal when I was replacing my ophion paddles that I had lost, even though I had not got the originals from there.

Ricks-Freestyle-Mind

Post by Ricks-Freestyle-Mind » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:57 pm

A few "BIG UP's" for my week.

Firstly, AS Watersports speedy postal service. They didn't have everything in stock I wanted (one item out of a few) and replied in minutes to offer me something else. It was expected in 2-5 days and came next day. And p&p was FREE. Winner

Brookbank for flogging Kayak Session mag for £1 and a good chat

Robin Hood Water Sports for sorting my replacement shell out.

Cheers Y'all x