Companies that rock

Inland paddling
Tom_Laws

Companies that rock

Post by Tom_Laws » Fri May 11, 2007 5:43 pm

There hasn't been enough love on here recently so here we go. Post up a company that have done something ace recently. Only one rule, no bigging up your sponsors(if you are a kitwhore), that's not what its all about (and we all know L6 rule ;) )

First up Paddlesport of Warwickshire made me a cup of tea when I went in the shop the other day, were friendly on the phone, and sent my BA really quick.

http://www.paddlesport.co.uk/

Who else rules?

thustler

Post by thustler » Fri May 11, 2007 5:47 pm

Brookbankcanoes, I ordered some pogies in the winter and they came the same week saving me from cold hands!

Rick Foster

Post by Rick Foster » Fri May 11, 2007 5:47 pm

Jackson, just for genral aceness in the feild of rocking.

RG

Post by RG » Fri May 11, 2007 5:48 pm

Nice Avatar BB, that Diesel looks familiar!

Rick Foster

Post by Rick Foster » Fri May 11, 2007 5:50 pm

lol, yea top boat.

Paddle Terrorists

Post by Paddle Terrorists » Fri May 11, 2007 5:58 pm

BROOKBANK, FOR HELPING RETURN A LOST PADDLE TO ITS OWNER, ONCE THE RANSOM WAS PAID OF COURSE. DURKA DURKA!

Andy123

Re: Companies that rock

Post by Andy123 » Fri May 11, 2007 5:59 pm

Tom_Laws wrote: First up Paddlesport of Warwickshire made me a cup of tea when I went in the shop the other day, were friendly on the phone, and sent my BA really quick.

http://www.paddlesport.co.uk/

I will second paddlesport. I spent months trying to find a rocker, talked to then guys from paddlesport at the show on the Saturday and had it in the post on Tuesday for a very reasonable price.

Adam Carey

Post by Adam Carey » Fri May 11, 2007 6:03 pm

RobinHood Watersports, great customer service, very very friendly and above all else will spend time with a complete novice (me!!) and advising me on stuff that I know nothing about without just emptying my wallet. Thanks Aaron.

RobMoffatt

Post by RobMoffatt » Fri May 11, 2007 6:14 pm

Outdoor Active

The guys in there (Rich and Matt) are always great when I go up, giving really friendly advice and service. Always get offered a coffee and leave with what I set out for, as well as feeling like a valued customer.

Liam Kirkham

Post by Liam Kirkham » Fri May 11, 2007 6:18 pm

Adam Carey wrote:RobinHood Watersports, great customer service, very very friendly and above all else will spend time with a complete novice (me!!) and advising me on stuff that I know nothing about without just emptying my wallet. Thanks Aaron.

Seconded. Aaron got me kitted up with my first gear. Very helpful.

One of my fave companies is Howies. Brilliant.

www.howies.co.uk

Good catalogues, gear, website, art work and morals.

David Fairweather

Post by David Fairweather » Fri May 11, 2007 6:19 pm

In my expreience System X have always been really helpful with their customer service.

Dom c

Post by Dom c » Fri May 11, 2007 6:31 pm

The Boys and Girls at AS Watersports..
Always very helpful, always up for a paddle, and great for giving you a place to kip when you can't get home..
All this despite the fact that i work the occasional saturday at a (friendly) rival shop...

bib_bob_euroslap

Post by bib_bob_euroslap » Fri May 11, 2007 7:18 pm

Snowcard!!!

After having a skiing accident in Switzerland where I had to have an operation on my leg and my friends had flown back home, they sorted out EVERYTHING to get me home (literally from the hospital door to my front door) with someone to accompany me and were bluddy quick to pay out when I claimed off the insurance.

StoneWeasel

Post by StoneWeasel » Fri May 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Dom c wrote:The Boys and Girls at AS Watersports..
Always very helpful, always up for a paddle, and great for giving you a place to kip when you can't get home..
All this despite the fact that I work the occasional saturday at a (friendly) rival shop...
Seconded, the guys and girls at AS Watersports, apart from being a really lovely bunch of people, are just amazingly helpful and have gone way beyond the call of duty to help me out several times (they even looked after a boat for me for a fair while which they saw no profit from whatsoever, not a small boat either).

Denzil

callwild

Post by callwild » Fri May 11, 2007 8:36 pm

Corran Adison
For taking the time and effort to post here, to check his customers got their DVDs.

Sorry, couldn't resist it!!!

Stuart

Chris_Eastabrook

Post by Chris_Eastabrook » Fri May 11, 2007 8:41 pm

This week I've had amazing service from System X, they did ask me to cut my Stikine's into pieces which upset me a little.
Palm week before last replaced both my cag and bottoms so horray for them all!

Paul Stewart

Post by Paul Stewart » Fri May 11, 2007 8:59 pm

Rich at suescanoes cannot be faulted. My wife nearly forgot my birthday and rang Rich for a guidebook I was hoping for. As she'd not long had a caesarean she couldn't drive and if it was posted it would have arrived late. Rich dropped the book off at my parents for her to collect, some 15 miles away from the shop so she could pick it up when we visited them.

Great service!
Paul

John Robertson

Post by John Robertson » Fri May 11, 2007 9:58 pm

Palm for repairing my Trousers and Pyranha for replacing a foot bag.
Excellent service from both companies.
Give it a go, you may like it wet.

tweetypie

Post by tweetypie » Fri May 11, 2007 10:08 pm

thustler wrote:Brookbankcanoes, I ordered some pogies in the winter and they came the same week saving me from cold hands!
Couldn't agree more-fast mail delivery, wide range and good service. As well as palm for great customer service and long lasting good quality gear!

Luke Edwards

Post by Luke Edwards » Sat May 12, 2007 8:07 am

PALM EQUIPMENT/DAGGER EUROPE - always useful, even when my cag went missing in the post they kept in contact to let me know any news daily. very friendly, Cheers John

Also PERFORMANCE KAYAKS - again always helpful, know there stuff, good prices, need i say more. cheers Rich!!!!
better to regret something you did, than to regret something you didn't

SWIMS - says the same thing upside down - quite apropriate to kayaking

naefearjustbeer

Post by naefearjustbeer » Sat May 12, 2007 8:11 am

Never had a bad expierience with any kayaking shop online or in person. I have good dealings with Brookbank, Highland Canoes, Performance Kayaks and Up and Under. Would happily use all of them again.

boosh

Post by boosh » Sat May 12, 2007 9:00 am

Read for being ultra helpful when ordering my shortie cag, arrived next day (ordered at lunch time)

Wetsuitoutlet ordered BA at lunch time and arrived next morning.

Fantastic service from both.

missile

Post by missile » Sat May 12, 2007 9:17 am

NOOKIE, for all of their amazingly wicked kit!
Hint, leave the swimming to the fishes and roll back up, I hope that your not a fish!

www.nookie.co.uk
www.activities-away.com

kimmy_alr

Post by kimmy_alr » Sat May 12, 2007 9:40 am

Richard at Eddylines that was in LLangollen was always really helpful and friendly - I'm really looking forward to his new shop opening!!

steve t

Post by steve t » Sat May 12, 2007 10:24 am

Fluid kayaks:

I enquired about where I could get a new ratchet from for my secondhand Solo. Got back an email from Celliers Kruger, then they sent me a new ratchet, plus a threaded footrest knob, plus a new cord for the backrest. All postage paid from S. Africa.

Most impressive.

caveman_si

Post by caveman_si » Sat May 12, 2007 11:04 am

This is a great thread.

Here goes:
Nookie. Great people most helpful when I spoke to them about repairing some dry trouser. SO helpful in fact they replaced them free. Wasnt lightning quick (Im a little plump so they had to get some made up especially to replace mine) but they were brilliant at keeping me in the loop and the replacements arrived way before I needed them again.

Sues canoes, rock!!! Popped in there at christmas after winning a voucher from them, on here. And I cant praise them enough. They were most helpful chatted for ages and truly helped me get what I wanted. Next time im back in the flat lands of Norfolk I am defintely passing through.

LOMO great guys. Got a dry bag off them and had a strange delivery request to go with it. THings got a little messed up in the delivery phase and the guys at lomo were spot on about it.

The guys at Outdoor Active are top too. Ive been doing a lot of window shopping recently (everytime I get the chance) and they have been brilliant just to pop in to, have a nice chat and let me carpert surf everything in the shop, repeatedly.

Good customer service as they say goes along way, keep it up folks.

av.surfer

Post by av.surfer » Sat May 12, 2007 11:29 am

Reed Chillcheater. Top marks for a fast delivery and quality kit. I ordered a spraydeck for my surf boat, when all other companies said it was a custom fit deck Reed had one on the shelf, it was ordered 4pm tues and received it 12pm the day after and back in the water by 1pm, awsome!!

Matt

JamesA

Post by JamesA » Sat May 12, 2007 12:04 pm

Always found Nucleus Watersports in Clacton to be good, friendly service and good prices.
James.

Kayak-Bloke

Post by Kayak-Bloke » Sat May 12, 2007 12:10 pm

Good thread!

I'm going to have to say Kayaks and Paddles in Plymouth made a great and quick job of transporting my new Dagger boat to me last year and it was here exactly when arranged!

But also never had a bad experience with Up and Under (Cardiff) Lots of good advice and they have the whole outdoors scene catered for downstairs so I can get my Walking kit there too!!

I guess competition must be stiff and the end result is it's provide a good service or peril.

About to go for the acid test though...going to order a tow line (in next five mins), for my Pembs trip, and it HAS to arrive before Friday......

Jay Oram

Post by Jay Oram » Sat May 12, 2007 8:44 pm

KENT CANOE SERVICES; helped me build up by kit slowly and gave great advice, helped me when i enquired about coaching stuff and let my little bro play with the dog :)

Also help out the local canoe club a hell of a lot - thanks guys

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”