River Tees Level

Inland paddling
SteveJ

River Tees Level

Post by SteveJ »

Planning on running Low Force this weekend. Anybody know what the levels are like at the moment.

Cheers
SteveJ

steddyjames

Re: River Tees Level

Post by steddyjames »

Dunno, but I might see you there as I'm looking for water in the Tees/Tyne catchments this weekend as well.

If there isn't any I will probably end up on low force.

Steve

Ant M 24

tees level

Post by Ant M 24 »

09066197722 is the EA tees river level information line although I haven't used it for a while. It used to be updated daily and gave a level at Barnard Castle so if it said "tees at 1 meter rising very quickly" you knew you were in for a crackin day. Im at work and the telephone system will only allow you to call land and mobile lines so I can't check whether this number is still correct. Apols if its not!

Regards

Poke

Upper Swale

Post by Poke »

On the subject of levels in the north east, does anyone know what levels are needed for the upper swale? We're planning to head there tomorrow and would be disappointed to drive all that way to find it dry!
Cheers
Tim

Ant M 24

Upper Swale

Post by Ant M 24 »

Think you need quite a bit of water for this. Ive travelled there a couple of times only to find it dry. Most of the people I know that have paddled the big drops on this have done so with quite a bit of water and I suspect that levels drop quickly with it being high up in the catchment area?

steddyjames

Re: Upper Swale

Post by steddyjames »

Doesn't seem to have rained enough for anything other than Low force and maybe north Tyne to be possible. Unless anyone has managed to check and knows any different.

Just checked the surf report though and there should be small surf tomorrow in Tynemouth.

I'll check on my way home after work but at least it won't be the barrage, again.

Steve

LaurenceR

nothing to see here...

Post by LaurenceR »

posted to wrong thread!
Edited by: LaurenceR at: 1/9/04 6:26 pm

philw

Phone number

Post by philw »

> 09066197722

Phone number works for me - not looking too good for tomorrow. Currently Tees @ Barnard Castle 0.2m above summer levels and steady. :|

Return to “Whitewater and Touring”